Lawyer From Sakon Nakhon (divorce)

huru

I lived in Sakon Nakhon and divorced there. The lawyers in Sakon Nakhon i would not reccomend to you . I never used one from there but my ex did so i have seen them in action. I would advise you to use Isaan Lawyers, they have an office in Udon Thani so it is not that far away from you.

Best of luck.

I am not actually divorcing anyone, my girlfriend is. We want to get on with our lives but her husband is not granting her divorce despite of five years of separation so court order is our only choice. At the moment we live in Rayong, but they got married in Sakhon Nakhon hence the divorce must be done in there. We have talked with lawyer here but as you can imagine, it is rather expensive and we could probably save about half by using local lawyer instead. I will check Isaan Lawyers out, thanks Geordie.

Edited by huru

from Thai Civil Code section 1516 Grounds for Divorce (excerpted) courtesy Samui4Sale:

section 1516: Grounds of action for divorce are as follows:

(4) one spouse has deserted the other for more than one year, the latter may enter a claim for divorce;

(4/2) The husband and wife voluntarily live separately because of being unable to cohabit peacefully for more than three years, or live separately for more than three years by the order of the Court, either spouse may enter a claim for divorce;

(5) one spouse has been adjudged to have disappeared, or as left his or her domicile or residence for more than three years and being uncertain whether he or she is living or dead;

(6) one spouse has failed to give proper maintenance and support to the other, or committed acts seriously adverse to the relationship of husband and wife to such an extent that the other has been in excessive trouble where the condition, position and cohabitation as husband and wife are taking into consideration, the latter may enter a claim for divorce;

... or else the husband in SN is just waiting, as he sees it, for HIS chance to cash in.

... or else the husband in SN is just waiting, as he sees it, for HIS chance to cash in.

That is exactly the case here. He (the husband) has indicated that he might be willing to grant the divorce if he was paid. That is not going to happen. As we have spoken to lawyers already, it is clear that grounds for divorce are met, so when we take it to court it is just matter of time (and money, but I rather pay to lawyer than submit myself to extortion).

Anyway, I did not mean to post details because this is kind of personal matter, but I suppose, as I am asking for help, you are entitled to some kind of explanation why help is needed :)

That is exactly the case here. He (the husband) has indicated that he might be willing to grant the divorce if he was paid. That is not going to happen. As we have spoken to lawyers already, it is clear that grounds for divorce are met, so when we take it to court it is just matter of time (and money, but I rather pay to lawyer than submit myself to extortion).

All requirements for divorce may have been met and you don't like the thought of extortion but paying him will be the quickest.

If you can do it for less than legal fees why not pay.

Again, courtesy samui4sale:

Section 1514. Divorce may be effected only by mutual consent or by judgment of the Court. Divorce effected by mutual consent must be made in writing and certified by the signatures of at least two witnesses.

So, even if a 'gratuity' is paid to the husband, a lawyer may still be required to satisfy the Court.