Can Mosquitos 'bite' You Through Your Clothes

LuckyLucas

If i go out in the evenings to outside eating restaurants i always make sure I wear thick long trousers and thick socks, otherwise they manage to bite through thin clothing with seeming ease. You can also buy inexpensive locally produced mosquito repellent and that usually works well for me if i'm out after dark in shorts.

Yes, you can particularly if the fabric is thin.

Also, consider that it could be something like sand fleas coming up rather than mosquitoes going through. Depend on where you are and what other things might be biting.

Mosquito's particularly like dark coloured clothes, possibly because it is harder to see them.

I was sleeping under a mosquito net once and rolled over in the night so that my back was actually against it. I woke up the next day with a back resembling pebble-dash from the bites.

Edited by Moonrakers

Mosquito's particularly like dark coloured clothes, possibly because it is harder to see them.

I was sleeping under a mosquito net once and rolled over in the night so that my back was actually against it. I woke up the next day with a back resembling pebble-dash from the bites.

I had a pair of white gym socks on (thick) and a mosquito bit right through to my skin, could believe that; very hungry insects! :)