Whats The Best Legal Firm For Quick Marriage In Bangkok ?

gezzie

My fiancee ( Thai )and myself ( Farang ) are coming back to Thailand to get married in the new year,we want all the legal side done in Bangkok as a package before we do the big Family party,which is the best Legal firm to use to complete the whole deal for us ???

Not sure on a legal company but the process is fairly straight forward to do yourself unless you are looking for a pre-nup or such like.

Letter from your Embassy confirming you are free to marry - if UK the template is on their website but the used to make you come back the following morning to collect.

Translation of Embassy document - can be done by agents outside embassy in under an hour.

Take translation to MFA (ministry of foreign affairs) in Laksi (near old DM airport) - pay for special service and it will be done in an hour or two.

Take permission to marry from MFA to any amphur office in BKK who will marry you.

It is a couple of years since I did this but I am sure someone will correct me fairly quickly if I am wrong!

I agree with 'Orac'. I got married last June and it was fairly straight forward. I found it wasn't too much of a hassle once I knew what was required. I live in the North so it would be quicker if you're sorting it out in Bangkok.

I am from the UK and they give guidance on the website as well as a template for your 'Affirmation of Freedom to Marry', I just had to fill in the blanks. I went to the British Consulate in Chiang Mai along with my UK divorce papers. They only open mornings, but they just stamped the back of the form I had downloaded; naturally a charge for this, was quite high, I think about 1,200 Baht but they've raised the cost since then. They gave me a list of recommended translation companies. Fortunately I chose a decent one. They took some details and sent off my stamped form and an officially translated copy to the relevant ministry in Bangkok. I was very pleasantly surprised as the forms were sent to me within 3 days. The translation company charged me 1,600 for everything and we just asked for it to be done in routine time as we weren't in a great hurry.

I took the documents to my local Amphur and registered the marriage. I got 2 copies of a very colourful and I must say, impressive marriage certificate. The Amphur top official insisted we had a photo with her as well.

Overall the process was smooth and fairly quick. If you want to do the process in Bangkok then I guess you could proably get everything done in say 2 or 3 days, perhaps a day if your lucky and if you stipulate it as a priority.

I hope this helps.