Dreambox / Pli: Thai Epg Possible?

Stefanix

Just switched from Gemini to the latest PLi image on my 7020. As PLi seems to be quite popular here, I hoped to see Thai EPG entries of TrueVisions correctly displayed. Unfortunately the are not.

Is there any special image which would do this? I don't want a complete Thai image, the menu should be still English, I need only Thai support for the EPG.

Beside this: The original Thaicom 5 transponder frequency settings do not work for me. It's the same with Gemini or PLi. Instead of 12438 MHz, I have to use 10888. There is an offset of -1550 MHz for all transponders. I use the original UBC dish and LNB. I understand that this LNB is somewhat crippled and can do only H polarization. Could this be the reason? (but UBC IS H) Or is this LNBs in any other way non-standard? Well it works for me with this offset, but I am just curious.

Thanks!

Stefanix, BKK

Glad you like our PLi software. With the version of Pli you have installed, try this.

If you press your blue button, select software management, select downloads, then select skins and download the mediaPLi Thai Skin. Once you have downloaded it, go to the User Interface Settings, OSD Skin setup and select the mediaPLi Thai Skin. Once this is done all your EPG data will be in Thai and English for up to the next 30 days on most channels.

You will see the exact details in our PLi wiki here. A real example is shown below.

000847_channel_list.png

000847_channel_details.png

As to the LNB issue, if you are using a True LNB it should be set up like this

000847_lnbsin.jpg

with other LNB configurations in our Wiki here.

FYI: You will find more DM box questions and answers under the Linux sub forum above.