Those Back Home

The Gentleman Scamp

all the people i know back home tell me how they just cant wait to come over to taiwan and visit me.

I get that all the time.

"What part of Taiwan is your wife from?"

"The North"

"Oh"

cv

I am in UK at the moment and trying to pick my Dad's mate's brains about property market here (that's another story). anyway, yesterday I was speaking to one of them about Thailand and he just refused to believe I am a family geezer on a farm - there must be something more to it than just what he is telling me (I'm sure he was thinking this) anyway in his wisdom, when I asked him if he had been to LOS, he said:

'Aye lad - all them birds up there near Vietnamese and Thai border were great son ... I always thought BERMUDA TRIANGLE would be boring, but it t'were great!'

I will not tell you where I am from...

From my story, you should know instantly.

I introduced my wife to some woman.... and her response was....

"Oh my son lived in Taiwan for several years.... He speaks Japanese too."

Oh what a retard, and no this was not a conversation with Mrs. Bush.

A bit off-topic here, but I love Taiwanese, and my best friend is a Taiwanese. Taiwanese I 've met in the U.S. and here in LOS are all so wonderful, but they don't seem to like Taiwan so much.....So I'm really curious as to what in Taiwan that really got you hooked.

all the people i know back home tell me how they just cant wait to come over to taiwan and visit me.

Hey Chonabot,

The same thing happened to me one day when my wife was helping me clean out the snakes in my reptile shop in UK. A couple came in and I got speaking to the guy whilst his wife was admiring the chameleons. He asked me where my wife was from. I said 'Thailand'. He retorted with 'How much did you pay for her then?' At which point, I eyed HIS wife up and down and said 'I can't remember but going on the general quality ... I would say about 300% more than what you paid for your wife.' He went balistic and then left the shop never to return and so did I three weeks after - to Buriram. I really have some great friends in Buriram (farang and Thai) and thank God that they have seen more than a 10 mile radius of where they were born.

A Classic!

I have often wondered how I would react in that situation. Now I know! :o

By the way... I love reptiles, especially snakes and you have given me an idea... Is it a good business in the UK? I am really interested to know.

Ravisher.

Business is good in the UK as we have always been a nation of animal enthusiasts. It is however a business where you must breed a lot of your own animals as on a lot of species there are no trade prices and thus no pfofits to be made from buying and selling. So you need adult reptiles and you need to know how to breed them. You need your shop to be spotless and you need faultless knowledge as you are in a position of responsibility.

The easiest way to break into this trade (for you) would be to get a few books on breeding Colubrids (Kings, Corns etc) and see if you can pair up and breed your Kingsnake. Expand this into a profitable hobby and attend reptile shows/fairs Europewide selling offspring and making contacts. It's a slow path I know, but a sure one.

If you need any help trying to breed your animals or incubate their eggs do not hesitate to PM me. Also - I can get just about any reptile you require - even CITES Annex A animals (always supplied with CITES Documents plus any other species specific legal paperwork).

WAS THAT A BIT OFF TOPIC?

:D

Going off topic again---Did you know that we're reptilian to some degree..and not plain mammals....? Did anyone hear about research on using reptiles' siliva to treat diabetes...?

I would also be really interested to know what about reptiles that appeal to people?

I did live in Taiwan a few years.... What I liked about it... it is 24/7... If you are hungry, just walk out of the apt. you will find food instantly.

The people, really nice folks over there. The beauty, yes the girls are pretty too, not long Thai, but they are still beautiful in their own rights. Taiwanes are kind people.... The mountains, the scenery, the jungles... there is little to say bad about Taiwan.... but, Taipei, I could do without. Too crowded and too poluted for my tastes. But in genearal I loved the place.

Pretty good food there too, but I must say I like Thai food better.