True Email Server Blacklisted In Usa

howto

Yes, the TRUE email server at 203.144.222.231 is Blacklisted by United States servers at

bellsouth.net (att.net, and all it's subdomains)

Connected to 207.115.11.16 but greeting failed.

Remote host said: 550-203.144.222.231 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=att,dc=net 550

Error - Blocked for abuse.

See http://att.net/blocks

and

comcast.net (and all it's subdomains)

Connected to 76.96.58.14 but greeting failed.

Remote host said: 554 IMTA29.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net comcast 203.144.222.231

Comcast block for spam.

Please see http://help.comcast.net/content/faq/BL000000

Please understand these are the 2 largest ISP providers in the Eastern USA.

This means 1/3 of the USA is blocking the TRUE email server.

I am not happy with this.

I cannot contact my family or friends.

Any others have a similar problem?

Edited by howto

www.gmail.com

It's usually trivial to have a mailserver removed from a blacklist - send them a mail, they probably dont know about it.

Yes I know that (trivial to have a mailserver removed from blacklist).

I did tell TRUE about it 2 weeks ago.

Nothing has happened as of yet.

I've 30 years of hard core experience on

large mainframes, midframes, and distributed servers.

Seems to me TRUE needs better Iron and software at the head-end.

Probably better tech's also.

Same thing has occurred every year since 2003,

just in different places and locals.

I personally don't see why it "should" be happening.

Especially when I pay >14K baht a year to this provider.

But I will not rant.

Thanks for the post

Gmail is the best alternative and you change the Sender email id to your True email id . If True supports pop3 or Imap you can map it to your gmail account. But its a lot of hassle . Just stop using the true email account and use a different reliable email provider. True email is not their main stream product so it will take a while to resolve the blacklisting problem.

I'm glad you've had 30 years mainframe experience. That is nice. In my experience, 15 odd years working and running ISP's that is, the servers get blacklisted because of users and/or operators who are not educated enough to have simple anti-virus/malware software installed. True (or any other ISP) can't monitor every email that goes through (well that's a huge lie, but think of the controversy if that was the case...).

It's AT&T's choice to block True - after all, their email servers are not configured to block the mail servers directly, instead they query a DNSRBL - services such as Spamhaus and Spamcop. These guys can at time be overly paranoid in adding servers to their list.

The best approach you can get is to contact the head of network/isp operations at True and explain the case. Most times theu don't know, and the helpdesk is manned by drones. The mid level management on the other hand will have a slight clue, and will also know how to handle the problem.

Give me your mail server and i'll find out who exactly is blocking, with this information you can point the guys in the right direction. In some cases you can be the white knight and get the servers removed yourself.

Edit: found this;

เพิ่มยอดการทำการตลาด การโปรโมตเว็บไซต์ การขายสินค้า และเผยแพร่ข้อมูลต่างๆ ให้รวดเร็วและสะดวกสบายยิ่งขึ้น ด้วยโปรแกรมที่ใช้งานง่าย...

Any Thai readers translate that? That's one of the spams detected...

Source: http://nowscape.com/scams/NIGERIAN_SCAM_collection.htm

Edited by phazey

Same thing has occurred every year since 2003,

about the same time botnet hit the net.. If you by change have an smtp server you can look at the log files, you will most likely, like us, see over 100-200 + local thai boxes hitting you with spam on a daily basis, so no wounder they did a blackhole listing.

I'm glad you've had 30 years mainframe experience. That is nice. In my experience, 15 odd years working and running ISP's that is, the servers get blacklisted because of users and/or operators who are not educated enough to have simple anti-virus/malware software installed. True (or any other ISP) can't monitor every email that goes through (well that's a huge lie, but think of the controversy if that was the case...).

It's AT&T's choice to block True - after all, their email servers are not configured to block the mail servers directly, instead they query a DNSRBL - services such as Spamhaus and Spamcop. These guys can at time be overly paranoid in adding servers to their list.

The best approach you can get is to contact the head of network/isp operations at True and explain the case. Most times theu don't know, and the helpdesk is manned by drones. The mid level management on the other hand will have a slight clue, and will also know how to handle the problem.

Give me your mail server and i'll find out who exactly is blocking, with this information you can point the guys in the right direction. In some cases you can be the white knight and get the servers removed yourself.

Edit: found this;

เพิ่มยอดการทำการตลาด การโปรโมตเว็บไซต์ การขายสินค้า และเผยแพร่ข้อมูลต่างๆ ให้รวดเร็วและสะดวกสบายยิ่งขึ้น ด้วยโปรแกรมที่ใช้งานง่าย...

Any Thai readers translate that? That's one of the spams detected...

Source: http://nowscape.com/scams/NIGERIAN_SCAM_collection.htm

I had a go at the translation, I think...Increase [your] marketing and web sales [by] getting your inforsation out there. Its fast, easy and convenient...

Not a literal translation, I re-jargonised it and turned it around a little, for us English speakers. Anyone else feel free to correct or post an alternative.