Korat Hospitals

catwho

Been in skhui 59ks before korat now for 3 months ,all the family bar me are with AIA ,the mrs took her father to bangkok hospital korat thinking all would be paided for by AIA which she did check 1st,came time to check out after 1.1/2 days and BILL 30.000,

of which we found was only covered up 17000 by AIA , he needed blood transfusion ,no op's, and check up to see why he was bleeding from the bum,

they came down 2000bt after taking to AIA rep who hard called and who talked to them for an 1hr trying to find out why so much.but just like B/PATTAYA /HOSPITAL , they charge lke the light BRIGADE.

it cost me 10000bt,

In pattaya i always went to Queen suriket, at utapoa where my son was born ,great hospital.and AIA was always covered and never paid a baht,5 times there.

QUESTION is anything like Q/S in korat,that HAS GOOD DOC'S AND GOOD service and dose not overcharge,with extra ,extras.

i have asked the MRS to ring her AIA rep to ask if has an answer.

thanks in advance cat.

Ahhhhh....the niceties of private hospitals.

Try to find a state hospital, or a university hospital.

Cheaper, same docters.......

Always went to Khon Kaen RAM, paid through the nose, service?

Then went to the Khon Kaen University hospital, was treated by the professor, spoke perfect English, told me the following:

If you want to pay a lot of money, go to RAM.

If you want the best treatment, come to this hospital

Edited by hansnl

You really want to stay away from Bangkok Hospital because they are not cheap. You can check Saint Mary's or Por Pat hospital for cheaper private hospitals. You can also use Maharat Hospital which is government hosptial.

Remember most if not all doctors working in Korat private hospitals put several days a week in at Maharat Hospital. My wife's surgeon from St. Marys also works at Maharat and to save us money for follow up treatment referred wife to doctors office at Maharat.

Ahhhhh....the niceties of private hospitals.

Try to find a state hospital, or a university hospital.

Cheaper, same docters.......

Always went to Khon Kaen RAM, paid through the nose, service?

Then went to the Khon Kaen University hospital, was treated by the professor, spoke perfect English, told me the following:

If you want to pay a lot of money, go to RAM.

If you want the best treatment, come to this hospital

This is indeed good advice and correctly names the best hospital in Isaan. If you want a gamble go to a private hospital in a small provincial town with a serious condition. Places like RAM are a notch up and should be okay, but you get the same doctors and less high-tech equipment at a higher price. Of course, research has shown that US customers pay a lot of attention to hospital hotel services and not much to clinical outcomes.

As commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post in Korat I have seen most all the hospitals here as I visit sick comrades. Bangkok Hospital has the best equipment so it will be more expensive. Private rooms are like hotel rooms and have electric operated beds all the other hospitals have manual bed where a nurse must crank it up. The price for a private room at Bangkok is only about 2500/day which is not to bad. The second best hospital would be Saint Marys, a little older hospital with excellent doctors. Great Dental department where I have sent my wife for treatment. My 3rd pick would be the Surannee Army Hospital which is open to the public. My last pick would be Maharat which is a government hospital where if you are Thai and have a 30 baht card you would go there. You can wait all day to see a doctor. Tho they do have a good maternity department with private rooms. Hope this helps.