Cpr And Basic First Aid Training On Samui?

Any dive shop can give you an Emergency First Responder course. It takes halk a day and covers first aid, CPR, secondary care and Automatic defibrilator. You can also opt to do the first aid for children as well.

Edited by H2oDunc

Half a day is totally inadequate to learn first aid ,EFR course is actually two days when done properly, practice untill competent should be the end goal of the trainer.

Contact a reputable dive center, Limbos above is based on samui he can do the course and I hear does it well.

The newest learnings about CPR is that the airflow is secondary, heart massage is NOT!!! I'm sure the dive instructor can advise but you certainly have to make clear its about an infant.

Its the same method as on adults but instead of using your palm you will use just the fingertips of 2 fingers and 2 SHORT(His/her lungs are small) blows of air each 15 seconds.

Just an advise to others...If some ugly or disgusting person just fall down in front of you,and you know the basic of CPR(and he/she is in need). If you mind about the mouth to mouth inflow each 15 sec,just do the heartmassage with a rate of 40-60/ minute.Make sure someone calls for assistance and continue with chest pressing maneuvers.

This save lives!!

Mr Lamai

• 4 weeks later...
Half a day is totally inadequate to learn first aid ,EFR course is actually two days when done properly, practice untill competent should be the end goal of the trainer.

Contact a reputable dive center, Limbos above is based on samui he can do the course and I hear does it well.

Sorry but that is absolute boll%ks. You are being taught to give assistance just till the emergency services get there then they take over not provide medical care. You are also taught to practice as often as possible even after completing the course.

Just out of curiosity does mr Limbos take 2 days to do an EFR course ? :)

I have done both a St Johns Course back in the UK which took a few days and an EFR course through a dive shop which took 1 day.

Whilst the EFR course was a crash course they are both pretty similar and I even got to do extra stuff in the EFR course such as checking out the dive chamber in Samui etc. I did mine with Thai Scuba Divers in Lamai.

H20 dunc that attitude is exactly the kind that provides inadequate FA training. You suggest half day for cpr AED and secondary care !

Do you also forget to clean the manikin after or worse still use a pillow in its place ?

CPR segment alone is minimum of 4 hours.

AED at least four hours.

Secondary care full day.

Cmon read your standards its clearly there for EFR , DAN etc etc.