Marine Diesel Fuel

He may be thinking it is like back in the UK ? There marine diesel and farming diesel was tax free and dyed red. Here there is no marine diesel just diesel :)

Used to be able to, supplied offshore. But from memory, the subsidy was lifted & no longer available. There is also marine grade diesel available in some countries. it's to comply with their EPA rules.

No mate ..I had a boat here for a few years..used to buy from barge or marina ..cost me more than pump price..a you say some the fish boat people transport from gas stations. Used to fill up + a few 20ltr containers duty free in Langkawi....

Most people seem to jerry can it from the car gasoline stations, depending on the draught of your boat and how close in to the beach you can get, if you need large quantities you can arange for it to be delivered and pumped straight into the boat via a long hose. Speak to the people at the gasoline station in Maenam (PTT I think) as this is where I have arranged it from before.

Thanks all, seems strange nobody is suppling it in Samui, apparently theres a PTT depot at Phuket and Songkhla that supplies marine fuel at 10b litre.

Oh yeah ? Prove it ! As anyone knows , in the South of Thailand smuggled fuel from Malaysia and Singapore is rife and you will find pumps like MPS, Susco and other UNKNOWN brands beside the highways. Fill at your own risk, their fuel is adulterated and often mixed with water !

Thanks all, seems strange nobody is suppling it in Samui, apparently theres a PTT depot at Phuket and Songkhla that supplies marine fuel at 10b litre.

Oh yeah ? Prove it ! As anyone knows , in the South of Thailand smuggled fuel from Malaysia and Singapore is rife and you will find pumps like MPS, Susco and other UNKNOWN brands beside the highways. Fill at your own risk, their fuel is adulterated and often mixed with water !

Sorry, my wrong, its Shell.

The 10b is what the fishermen told me the big ships pay for it then sell it to them for 20b.

Sorry, my wrong, its Shell.

The 10b is what the fishermen told me the big ships pay for it then sell it to them for 20b.

Maybe they fill offshore in international waters......

!0 years ago there were russian tankers between Majorca and Ibiza, you could head into the international waters and fill up tax free. Only worth it if it's a large vessel or if you are doing the crossing. The tanker used to float around and when it floated back near spanish waters it would move further away from the marine border to stay in international waters.

Not sure how an outfit like that would work close to Thailand as I can imagine the authorities being very heavy handed on returning vessels regardless of the law........

So ? What's the difference ? Diesel is diesel is diesel !

Not true, bad fuel, ie dirty or with bacteria can wreck an engine and you can go through filters very quickly. There are many problems with low quality fuel in this part of the world.

Cheap fuel is often cheap for a reason. I should imagine people buy from PTT as the quality is good, an engine out of commision can cost considerbly more in repairs and lost work days than that saved on buying the cheap often inferior quality fuel........