Book Recommendations

I read on a post a while back (don't remember were) about reading up on construction books prior to starting to building. Since I plan to be on site to supervise all areas of construction, I think this is a great idea. Since I don't know too much about construction of houses, can someone recommend some books to get? I definitely need books on electrical systems, plumbing, cement work,everything. I will soon be flying to the U.S. to visit family. I was thinking of getting some books there. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by jimmi

• 3 weeks later...
I read on a post a while back (don't remember were) about reading up on construction books prior to starting to building.  Since I plan to be on site to supervise all areas of construction, I think this is a great idea.  Since I don't know too much about construction of houses, can someone recommend some books to get?  I definitely need books on electrical systems, plumbing, cement work,everything.  I will soon be flying to the U.S. to visit family.  I was thinking of getting some books there.  Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

building construction illustrated by Francis D. K. Ching is a great one and is also available in Thai to show your builder what you want.

i'm writing a book at the moment called "Thai for Builders". if you want to proof read it, let me know.

steve

Thanks Steve,

I will look for that book. That's a great idea about the book in Thai, so I can show the builder what I'm talking about. About your book, I'd like to hear more about it and yes I'd love to read it. Is it a phrase book with buiding terms, or a how to build in Thailand? I won't be back in Thailand until about the 12th or 13th of May.

Thanks,

Jim