I Put A Body Kit On My Cbr150

submaniac

So I was thinking, the CBR150 is such an awesome bike, but on the looks of it didn't match up to the awesome power of its 7hp, 3ft/lb torque engine. So I went down to Chatachuk and bought me one of those body kits.

It started off originally like this:

Honda_CBR150R_Repsol.jpg

Of course I had to remove the old fairings:

n610491470_1642416_4004.jpg

I finally finished by putting the body kit on. There was alot of space between the CBR150 body and the new body kit, so I had to fabricate some parts by carving them from soap. In all, it turned out pretty good:

13554_190946606470_610491470_3537086_629288_n.jpg

Some more pictures:

13554_190946676470_610491470_3537089_7223981_n.jpg

13554_190947171470_610491470_3537093_2810378_n.jpg

13554_190946661470_610491470_3537088_7259765_n.jpg

What happened to the front fender?

Waiting for brackets from Honda. Riding around on it as is.

Strangely enuf the performance seems to have picked up somewhat too, right?

:)

Can you come fit one of them kits to my bike, PLEASE. (Hansum man) :D

Anything for you, neverdie. I am a sucker for flattery. I must say that the body kit makes the bike feel more powerful. It feels like I'm getting at least 8 hp now.

555 At first I was like, "that is nice". Had to look at the pic 3 times before I figured it out. The Prius hybrid carpool lane sticker had me thinking too. "Is he in California?"

Ding. Ding. Ding. we have a winner. :D

Please, no PM'S asking me where in Chatachuk that this particular body kit can be bought. :)

Edited by submaniac

It appears you changed the frame and engine too. The tires look a little big for a CBR 150 ?

Oh, yes. If your going to do a conversion, might as well go whole hog. Getting a bigger frame and bigger tires was kind of a hassle. In order to accommodate the rear tire I had to carve the entire swing arm out of soap.

What? Where'd the seat cowl go??

Used it as the basis for the gas tank. I superglued the cowling to some soap, and carved down from there.

That's the CBR you got as salvage, yeah? Good job cleaning it up! How does it run and handle? Ride On! T

Ding. Ding. Ding. Another winner. If you are curious I documented the rebuild with photos on my facebook page. Here it is during the rebuild process:

sub's facebook rebuild album

These are the latest shots from this weekend (it was done a while ago but I just never bothered to take photos):

Current photos of the bike

How does it run and handle? Great. Like a new bike. When I first got the bike I checked the exhaust pipe and there was no carbon build up. Also the rear tire that is on the bike is the original one. Also, per the previous registration when I got the bike at auction, it looks like the owner did not register the bike from the end of 2007 until I bought it in 2008. Based on all these things, and the general condition of the bike, it looks like the bike did not have more than 3,000 miles on it before it went down. So it pretty much feels like a brand new bike.

Edited by submaniac

Almost new project bikes for 30k.. We can but dream :) !!

Looks like you have it well sorted.. I went the other way and fightered mine as I dont want the sport stance here but want to change the tail section to something more modern and aggressive similar to that still..

Body kit makes a CBR150 look like a liter bike? I don't think so.

If anything it now looks smaller than an original CBR150.

To me, that silly body makes those original tyres look bigger than they really are.

It is all just a matter of perception and camera angle. Smoke and mirrors, some might say.

I have seen photos of little 50cc choppers that make them look like they are Harleys...

If you really want to work on a bike, why don't you just just restore a big bike instead of trying to make a 150 look like a 1000?

c'mon :)

ps - I wish I could find an exhaust like that for my 150...

To me, that silly body makes those original tyres look bigger than they really are.

It is all just a matter of perception and camera angle. Smoke and mirrors, some might say.

I have seen photos of little 50cc choppers that make them look like they are Harleys...

If you really want to work on a bike, why don't you just just restore a big bike instead of trying to make a 150 look like a 1000?

:D:D That's funny, but it's just that in America everything looks smaller. Look closer.........

Mate - you don't have to be a motorbike anorak to see that its not an actual 150!

nice job op

Edited by choppychugger

c'mon :D

The only thing funnier than the OP's original post, is this one :D

Talk about some mothers do have em :)

Mate - you don't have to be a motorbike anorak to see that its not an actual 150!

nice job op

And mate -you don't have to be a humour anorak to see I am joking!

c'mon :D

nice job op

And mate -you don't have to be a humour anorak to see I am joking!

Huh? Now, Ive seen it all :) Perhaps you could point out to us what parts of your post were funny :D:D

Ah, boys boys boys. Keep in mind we are all bikers here, and this post was supposed to be playful and in the spirit of jest. Relax. Submaniac loves you all. Go out, and have a good ride!! :D

Now look what you've done :) back to the ladies pin up boy poster forum >>>>>>

Ah, boys boys boys. Keep in mind we are all bikers here, and this post was supposed to be playful and in the spirit of jest. Relax. Submaniac loves you all. Go out, and have a good ride!! :D

Now look what you've done :D back to the ladies pin up boy poster forum >>>>>>

Heading there myself. Hey! You said I was very hansum man!!! You can't take it back now!

Hi sub, can you tell me what soap I need to carve myself a Hayabusa? Any colour would do! :)

I prefer carving my motorcycle parts out of Lux soap. It bonds well with plastic and aluminum, and has such an ever sweet aroma.

• 2 years later...