Airasia Direct Flight From Phuket To Udon Thani

wtk

yeah would probably better be posted in the TRAVEL Forum, but it is of course PHUKET related too.

an interesting addition to the domestic network, and one that never existed before, as far as I know.

though, most probably, a route that will not last for a long time (as many other AirAsia-routes before).

I don't see a demand for 720 seats a week from Udon to Phuket.

who would want to fly between these two places ?

Isaan people who work in Phuket ? Tourists who want to go from Phuket to Laos ? HiSo-Laotions from the Vientiane area for a holiday ?

I am pretty sure that this will be a short-lived route (same as Phuket-Medan, but that's another story)

There is a bus which leaves Patong twice weekly (?) & goes direct to Nong Kai. It stops outside Big C to pick up passengers & will drop you off in Udon if you desire. It is quite convenient for those who travel by bus to Udon as there is no loss of time changing buses in Bangkok. With the promotion special being offered by Air Asia it is much cheaper than the bus which costs 1,500.

There is a bus which leaves Patong twice weekly (?) & goes direct to Nong Kai. It stops outside Big C to pick up passengers & will drop you off in Udon if you desire. It is quite convenient for those who travel by bus to Udon as there is no loss of time changing buses in Bangkok. With the promotion special being offered by Air Asia it is much cheaper than the bus which costs 1,500.

this actually confirms my theory.

if there is a bus twice weekly, this means: not more than 80 seats per week (and the bus dropping passengers all the way up Isaan, not only in Udon).

How does AirAsia wanna fill 720 seats a week then....

if there is a bus twice weekly, this means: not more than 80 seats per week (and the bus dropping passengers all the way up Isaan, not only in Udon).

No offense but you are comparing 15-20hr bus ride to a 1hr40min direct flight. Personally I am never using busses even for simple border hops from phuket. I always fly to KL or singapore and back

I've also flown to both Khon Kaen(with thaiair) and to udon thani(with airasia) through BKK before and I am pretty sure I am not the only one.

Also adding this route might change some people's minds about how they do their border hops and new visas

personally hoping they have enough customers because I will use this route 2-3 times a year

A few weeks ago we went to Big C to put a package on the bus & there were two of them waiting to go. Who knows how many people travel to Udon on the numerouse buses which leave Phuket everyday. On the direct service there is only one price which is to Nong Kai & so for some it may be too expensive using this service to get dropped off along the way.