Thai Language Email Problems.

otherstuff1957

My wife and one of her friends, who is living in the US, have been sending each other Thai language emails. She writes the letters in Thai, I type them up as a word document, she corrects all of my mistyped sarauuus and saraeeuus and then I paste the doc into the email body. It's worked fine for a couple of months, but this morning all of the Thai language emails have turned to garbage! :o

We are using Windows XP and internet explorer. The Windows XP was recently installed and this problem MAY have started with the upgrade.

I have both English and Thai enabled in her internet options in Tools and can toggle back and forth between English and Thai. I also have both English and Thai enabled on my Regional and Language settings in my control panel. Any ideas?

TIA

If you mean Yahoo web mail.

Have you checked in tools-- internet --options-- general--- fonts that there is a Thai font associated with the the Thai language ?

You should be able to let your wife type directly into the compose window (on Yahoo web mail ) in Thai without all that fuffing about writing in word first. If a true type font doesn't work then try a proportional font instead.

Thanks for all the replies! Yes, I'm using Yahoo Web Mail. The reason that I've been typing the letter up seperately is that I wanted to practice typing in Thai and I wanted to do so offline, as it takes me quite a long time to type up a letter and correct all of the errors. Prior to this problem I was able to type Thai directly into the body or subject line of the email when I wanted to.

Anyway, I've fixed the problem, I had to change my encoding to Thai.