Pygmy By Chuck Palahniuk (the Novel)

DazednConfused555

Well, I'm a bookworm and I spend a lot of time in Thailand. I now carry a Sony Reader which means I don't have to rely on the meagre offerings of Thai bookstores for my fix.

If you're happy to read ebooks on your computer or on a dedicated device such as the Sony or Kindle, there are a vast number of ebooks available on the internet.

"Pygmy" is available, legitimately from Sony in their LRF format ($US9.99), or not so legitimately from another site in html ($0.00). PM me if you don't mind going to the darkside for your reading pleasure.

Edited by RCR

i was under the impression these kindle like things could be used internationally? u can download to kindle now from thailand?

You can use any brand of ebook reader internationally. The Kindle is a bit more awkward than the others because it's made by Amazon, who try to lock you into using only their store. The other brands of ebook reader are more generic.

There's a forum - "mobileread" - which will tell you all you want to know about ebook readers. (Just don't mention the darkside on that forum).

But dedicated ebook readers have their faults. They are expensive. They are fragile. You need computer skills to download and convert ebooks so they can be read on your particular brand of gadget. With their small black and white screens they are only suitable for entertainment style reading. They don't display textbooks or manuals with illustrations or tables at all well.

Your standard computer is much better. It will read just about any ebook file you can download, without any conversion. The only difference is: your computer isn't as portable as an ebook reader and doesn't have the 3 week battery life.