"love, You Need A Shave"

Erawan

Hmm... how can I say this... ok, it has come to my attention that a fair few ladies over here tend to neglect what I guess I took for granted as routine female grooming. Overly hairy legs, top lips and sometimes scarily enough, forearms (not sure if you should really address the latter one though... er... not heard of any practise of removing this area of hair).

Has anyone any experience or tact ways of informing a friend or your ladyfriend of said 'issue/s'? I'm tempted to just say it, I have some bizarre notion that it might all be ok and they might not take it the wrong way. I might still smile with a full set of dentures and the pitch of my voice may remain unchanged... but then again, I would like to see another sunrise. So, what's the score?

Overly hairy legs, top lips and sometimes scarily enough, forearms

you must either be in pakistan , afghanistan or getting close to a ladyman !

No, I actually had friends who never shaved! I guess it's something that wasn't really brought to much attention among young Thai girls.. some of the girls felt I was very "farang" for shaving my legs.

That was my generation though, I think the kids these days are growing up much faster and know a lot more about taking care of themselves than my friends and I did then!

IMHO it is down to the individual, and you imagine the insult and loss of (hairy)face if you said that to a Thai Lady. If you think she is Hairsuit and you dont like it, it would be better if she was your girlfreind to leave and find a cleaner faced model if you were that shallow. But a small ammount of facial hair especially on darker skinned girls is normal. When she says to you "I'm worried about my facial hair" then thats the time to get her off to the lazer treatment centre saying you had never noticed it, but now you come to mention it...

Now if you went for a German Gal you would definatley know what you were getting !

So I say Live and Let live, we all have our defects, nobodys perfect

I'd be straight up.."Dear, looks like you and Mr Gillette need to talk.." :D

Chuchok,

you can't Razor a woman's face, has to done with lazer traetment, everywhere else, the razor rules, but I think they prefer Mr.Bic :D

Yes, mine has been warned that any playing around with "My Mr Gillette" in that area, will involve corporal punishment! :o

Many of my Thai girlfriends tell me that hairy legs are 'narak' and that they like them just the way they are. And these are girls that work in a beauty parlour, so they have access to hair removal treatments if they thought it necessary.

Hair removal is easy in Thailand. Waxing, although painful, can give a good result, and can be done on any part of the body. It's not uncommon to wax forearms.

How do you broach this topic? Hmm...that's a tough one. Maybe you could playfully tug her leg hairs when 'playing'? Maybe she will get the hint?

But ultimately, is it THAT important? If you are suddenly looking for faults in your girlfriend after you have snared her, is it a sign that something else is wrong with the relationship? The hairs would not have suddenly sprouted after you formed a relationship, so why the change of heart?

Maybe you have a fault (hard to believe, I know) that your girlfriend doesn't tell you about. And that's because she loves you on the inside, not the gift wrapping. She doesn't care if your back or bum is hairy, I bet.

She has superfluous hair.

You are being superficial.

one of my wifes friends (beautiful girl i might add) has this problem, but it is in only one spot on her body, she has a little ring of hair about 3 in. above each ankle, not to noticable, but just enough to see. I was drunk one night and called her a hobbit, she didnt understand what it was, but the wife did......i payed for that one......

All the Thai birds I've seen necked have had virtually no body hair barring a light touch on the cooch, armpits and maybe a few leg hairs. Nothing to worry about and certainly not enough to warrant shaving; smooth as silk. :o

Not a face thing at all in my experience, but Thai girls are just not fussed about it and Thai men dont seem to mind either.

Since many Thai girls never wear bikinis they dont even make a bikini line, much less groom other parts of the nether region - but if you know how to make the suggestion sound interesting and thrilling (there are some obvious benefits to shaving) I dont think you will have a problem... ;-)

one of my wifes friends (beautiful girl i might add) has this problem, but it is in only one spot on her body, she has a little ring of hair about 3 in. above each ankle, not to noticable, but just enough to see. I was drunk one night and called her a hobbit, she didnt understand what it was, but the wife did......i payed for that one......

DevilDog, you certainly deserved it -you DOG :o

DevilDog, you certainly deserved it -you DOG :D

yes i did, it wasnt exactly a nice thing to say :D , good thing she didnt understand :o

yes i did, it wasnt exactly a nice thing to say :D , good thing she didnt understand :o

Not a nice thing to say,but it was funny. :D

:o As you so richly deserved :D

Not a nice thing to say,but it was funny. :D

yeah, my wife laughs about it now :D

Since you made a token effort to pretend you aren't talking about your gf...

Ladies shaving is mostly seen as a western thing. If your friend is fairly traditional and has no desire to appeal to farangs, then there's no reason for them to change. There's also no particular reason for you to make them feel self-conscious about it, so if you do bring it up, make sure you can do it in a way that just sounds like a neutral comment on the differences between Thai women and farang women.

If she does want to appeal to farangs (even if only because she's a professional salesperson), then she may have an attitude of looking to you for tips and advice. Should be easier to mention, again just let her know that it's perfectly normal to have a bit of hair and most farangs and many young Thais do this.

If she's your gf, you've got plenty of other advice. :o

BTW, most methods of removal have the unfortunate side effect of causing it to grow back more vigorously than before. I mean of course it grows back, but it'll grow back faster and with thicker hairs. So if there's only a tiny bit, it might be best left alone, and this is true for many Thai girls' leg hair.

Since you made a token effort to pretend you aren't talking about your gf...

Ladies shaving is mostly seen as a western thing. If your friend is fairly traditional and has no desire to appeal to farangs, then there's no reason for them to change. There's also no particular reason for you to make them feel self-conscious about it, so if you do bring it up, make sure you can do it in a way that just sounds like a neutral comment on the differences between Thai women and farang women.

If she does want to appeal to farangs (even if only because she's a professional salesperson), then she may have an attitude of looking to you for tips and advice. Should be easier to mention, again just let her know that it's perfectly normal to have a bit of hair and most farangs and many young Thais do this.

If she's your gf, you've got plenty of other advice. :D

BTW, most methods of removal have the unfortunate side effect of causing it to grow back more vigorously than before. I mean of course it grows back, but it'll grow back faster and with thicker hairs. So if there's only a tiny bit, it might be best left alone, and this is true for many Thai girls' leg hair.

Hair may seem to grow back faster,but the part that is cut is dead.How does it know to grow back faster :o

If a hair is pulled out(Waxing/Tweezers), does it not tend to grow back thinner and thinner?

The wife uses tweezers for under her arms....and enjoys it. :D

Hair may seem to grow back faster,but the part that is cut is dead.How does it know to grow back faster :o

Dunno. Always puzzled me too. Maybe something to do with the follicle getting tugged?

> If a hair is pulled out(Waxing/Tweezers), does it not tend to grow back thinner and thinner?

Interesting, that would explain why fathers go bald...

Maybe I should start waxing my chin.