Cheap Flight To Us

tjansen

Hello,

I would like to fly from Bangkok to Seattle, round trip, in August 2010. I haven't flown to the US for a couple of years so I would like advice on searching for inexpensive flights, or even better on a travel agent to use. A Thai friend suggested Eva Air. When I plugged in some dates I got a simple message that no there were no flights matching my needs. Maybe it was too far in advance??

Thanks for any help.

Welcome Seattlite; I lived and worked in Seattle for 5 years and recently moved (early retired) in Thailand.

First, on the USA airline front you have several choices:

1. UAL: SEA-BKK (direct flight, transit in Narita Japan) point to point takes 20 hours

2. NW/DELTA: SEA-BKK (direct flight, transit in Narita Japan) point to point takes 20 hours

Second front:

1) EVA Airlines (SEA-Taipei-BKK): check website for more info as time tables changes

2) Korean Airlines (SEA-Incheon-BKK): check website for more info as time tables changes

3) Asiana Airlines (SEA-Incheon-BKK): check website for more info as time tables changes

listed are some choices you can make back to Seattle. airfare pricing may be higher on the website at this time

due in part of the uncertainties of fuel pricing, seat capacities in that direction. If you choose to buy now and

the price goes down, it'll be difficult to get an adjustment on a restrictive ticket.

yes, your friend is correct about EVA, they do have a flight into Seattle however I think it is not a daily

flight therefore you may have gotten a error type message for the days inputted.

*again prices will vary from time to time on the website - you have to monitor them closely starting today!

goodluck

ThThankd

Welcome Seattlite; I lived and worked in Seattle for 5 years and recently moved (early retired) in Thailand.

1. UAL: SEA-BKK (direct flight, transit in Narita Japan) point to point takes 20 hours

2. NW/DELTA: SEA-BKK (direct flight, transit in Narita Japan) point to point takes 20 hours

Second front:

1) EVA Airlines (SEA-Taipei-BKK): check website for more info as time tables changes

2) Korean Airlines (SEA-Incheon-BKK): check website for more info as time tables changes

3) Asiana Airlines (SEA-Incheon-BKK): check website for more info as time tables changes

listed are some choices you can make back to Seattle. airfare pricing may be higher on the website at this time

due in part of the uncertainties of fuel pricing, seat capacities in that direction. If you choose to buy now and

the price goes down, it'll be difficult to get an adjustment on a restrictive ticket.

yes, your friend is correct about EVA, they do have a flight into Seattle however I think it is not a daily

flight therefore you may have gotten a error type message for the days inputted.

*again prices will vary from time to time on the website - you have to monitor them closely starting today!

goodluck

Thanks for the information. Slight correction. I live in Thailand and will be flying to Seattle, then returning to Bangkok. I will take a look at these airlines. Any suggestions out there on a travel agent?

ThThankd

Second front:

goodluck

Thanks for the information. Slight correction. I live in Thailand and will be flying to Seattle, then returning to Bangkok. I will take a look at these airlines. Any suggestions out there on a travel agent?

Try sidestep.com for your flights

I fly to Seattle from BKK every year.

I tried out several routes, but the Korean Airlines (BKK-Incheon-SEA return) flight was the best by far.

Comfortable planes, pleasant staff, decent food.

I had time between flights to ether run into town for sightseeing, or get a hotel at the airport and sleep.