Rock In Pattaya

andyww

Haha lol no! I listen all kinds of heavy guitar music. Oi, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash, Death and Black Metal and just look normal...

When it comes to playing the intruments these guys are <deleted> heroes anyways... Shame only a few underground fans have the ears to appreciate it.

AFAIK ther are three venues in town with regular jam sessions:

Blues Factory (Walking Street) Sunday nights

Bristol Bar (Jomtien Soi 6) Wednesday and Sunday Nights

Leo's Blues Bar (Nakluea Soi 18) Friday and sometimes Saturday nights.

Most other places with live band will let you play if you ask for jamming.

Happened to ride by Leo's Blues Bar (Naklua Soi 18) and heard the ubiquitous "Hotel California" wafting out, so I sped up to get away more quickly. Hope the jam sessions are better.

This town don't understand the blues genre.

AFAIK ther are three venues in town with regular jam sessions:

Blues Factory (Walking Street) Sunday nights

Bristol Bar (Jomtien Soi 6) Wednesday and Sunday Nights

Leo's Blues Bar (Nakluea Soi 18) Friday and sometimes Saturday nights.

Most other places with live band will let you play if you ask for jamming.

Happened to ride by Leo's Blues Bar (Naklua Soi 18) and heard the ubiquitous "Hotel California" wafting out, so I sped up to get away more quickly. Hope the jam sessions are better.

This town don't understand the blues genre.

Upon the jams, there is sometimes a guy with a black Tele...he plays Hotel California as the Ramones would play it. Needs about 2.5 minutes to get through it :)

The houseband is on twice upon jam night. And yes, they play the Pattaya top 100...

its not live but i sit in sweethearts agogo sometimes for the great music.....girls okay but the rock music is outstanding

Tnx for that info. Rock has almost died out in the go-gos, one reason I hardly go to them nowadays; the visuals hardly make up for the noise. Whereabouts exactly is Sweethearts?

its not live but i sit in sweethearts agogo sometimes for the great music.....girls okay but the rock music is outstanding

Tnx for that info. Rock has almost died out in the go-gos, one reason I hardly go to them nowadays; the visuals hardly make up for the noise. Whereabouts exactly is Sweethearts?

walking street next to happy a gogo

Checked out Hard Rock last night. OMG that place is expensive! 4700 Baht for meal and couple of drinks for 3 of us.

Som na na, this is the bright future of Pattaya, but only for quality tourists :-)

Happy New Year

andyww -

Ok you've done Blues Factory (brilliant), Hot Tuna and "popped" in to Utopia (where the line up has changed - 1 guitarist / singer has left) and spent a fortune at Hard Rock - have you visited anywhere else or have you found what you're looking for?

In truth there is a lot of good bands around - I keep finding new ones in obscure little bars all over the place - mind you I find some that I really wouldn't even tell anyone I was there :)

If anyone finds a good band that they think is worth telling the world please let me know too!

andyww -

Ok you've done Blues Factory (brilliant), Hot Tuna and "popped" in to Utopia (where the line up has changed - 1 guitarist / singer has left) and spent a fortune at Hard Rock - have you visited anywhere else or have you found what you're looking for?

In truth there is a lot of good bands around - I keep finding new ones in obscure little bars all over the place - mind you I find some that I really wouldn't even tell anyone I was there :)

If anyone finds a good band that they think is worth telling the world please let me know too!

To be perfectly honest I am a bit rocked-out at the moment. Found some other bands but the problem is they all play exactly the same stuff. As soon as the opening bars of Hotel California start, its time for checkbin..

One notable exception. Last Sunday, a group of Thai students turned up at Utopia on motorbikes, borrowed the bands instruments and played a few tracks. I could not believe my ears when they started playing Metropolis by Dream Theater!

For those who dont know, this is a typical impossible-to-play Dream Theater track with the most complex time signatures ever. It requires top-notch ability to play and they did it almost perfectly. Thats what we need, give them a full-time job..

As soon as the opening bars of Hotel California start, its time for checkbin..

:):D ...same here. same procedure for Wonderful Tonight

One notable exception. Last Sunday, a group of Thai students turned up at Utopia on motorbikes, borrowed the bands instruments and played a few tracks. I could not believe my ears when they started playing Metropolis by Dream Theater!

For those who dont know, this is a typical impossible-to-play Dream Theater track with the most complex time signatures ever. It requires top-notch ability to play and they did it almost perfectly. Thats what we need, give them a full-time job..

Respect! This is indeed one of the most complex songs from a non-Zappa outfit I ever came across. Hope to see these guys somewhere sometimes. Which place was it? Utopia?

andyww -

To be perfectly honest I am a bit rocked-out at the moment. Found some other bands but the problem is they all play exactly the same stuff. As soon as the opening bars of Hotel California start, its time for checkbin..

My drummers into Dreamtheater, we also have a couple of DVD's by them in the bar.

:D