Laptop Help Urgent

Dirk_brijs

Yesterday night I had my laptop run out of battery and I only noticed the next morning so all juice must have been gonne now I cant get him to start anymore.

when I start him after battery fully charged again he keeps falling into a black screen with a message they appologise but windows did not start succesfully. a recent hardware or software might have caused this blah blah and gives me the option to start in safe mode and so on. Now every mode I try the computer seem to reboot but keeps getting back on that same black screen with the same message?

I have tried to remove the battery but doesnt seem to do any good????

What is wrong with my computer did this running out of battery last night have anything to do with it

It looks like my operating system fell away completly???

Please help

I'm not so sure that the battery failing has anything to do with the problem.

I read last week of a virus that is going around, leaves a black screen on the computer after it starts booting. I just Googled it and there are several sites that have printed the walk-through to get rid of it. If you can take the laptop to another computer that is online, you can get online, Google it and take yours through those steps and see if those steps can get you up again. The most recent one I read got rid of the virus and solved the guy's problem.

This is a common problem on all Desktop and Laptop Computers when the battery fails during a Windows session. This often results in corrupted, lost index or crosslinked files.

The solution is to use your Windows CD to start the system from (make sure the boot priority is set to the CD or DVD drive) and as the PC starts to boot look for a message "Boot from CD" and press any key quickly. Let the Windows setup proceed until it stops with alternative option of "Repair" or "Enter to continue". Choose "Repair". This will take you to a black screen with white text - it's the Windows Repair Consol" which will seem reminiscent to older users of the old DOS screen.

You will be asked which installation to choose. Select "1" and press enter.

A C:> prompt will appear.

Type the command CHKDSK /P and press enter. The process can take some ime as it examines all the files on your hard drive and will involve correcting files errors as they are detected.

Once it's finished, type the command "EXIT" and press ENTER to restart the Laptop. Make sure to eject the Windows CD before it boots.

This is a common problem on all Desktop and Laptop Computers when the battery fails during a Windows session. This often results in corrupted, lost index or crosslinked files.

The solution is to use your Windows CD to start the system from (make sure the boot priority is set to the CD or DVD drive) and as the PC starts to boot look for a message "Boot from CD" and press any key quickly. Let the Windows setup proceed until it stops with alternative option of "Repair" or "Enter to continue". Choose "Repair". This will take you to a black screen with white text - it's the Windows Repair Consol" which will seem reminiscent to older users of the old DOS screen.

You will be asked which installation to choose. Select "1" and press enter.

A C:> prompt will appear.

Type the command CHKDSK /P and press enter. The process can take some ime as it examines all the files on your hard drive and will involve correcting files errors as they are detected.

Once it's finished, type the command "EXIT" and press ENTER to restart the Laptop. Make sure to eject the Windows CD before it boots.

If you go that route, you might want to boot with a live linux CD first so that you can backup your data files to an external harddrive before you go monkeying with repair options that may or may not suddenly fixed things. Sometimes failed repair efforts with CHKDSK can make things worse - for instance, if there are a lot of cross-linked files the repair effort might truncate portions of them or delete them. That could either cause you to lose your data files or make the computer so far from being bootable that you wind up concluding that you need to reformat the hard drive.