Apple I-pod. Is It Still King?

richb2004

Is the i-pod still the mp3 player of choice?

I am going to Hong Kong shortly and wonder if the i-pod is still the best mobile juke box available and if I will get it any cheaper in Hong Kong or if I should be considering an alternative.

Any suggestions welcome.

Hmmm... the overplayed 'convergence' word seems to be coming true (finally?). That is to say, MObile phones have deeper marketshare than stand alone MP# players worldwide, as well as approaching 35mm quality cameras and depending on service provider, arguably decent email/net apps. Just a matter of time? I for one can hardly wait to throw away all the stand alone 'gadgets' I can;t resist buying and bundle it all in one hand held. Soon, add a gig (+) mem card to a mobile and presto! Your new Mp3 player, all in one. Anyways, happy Iplodding.

cdd2da5399.gif

Edited by bahtandsold

Is the i-pod still the mp3 player of choice?

I am going to Hong Kong shortly and wonder if the i-pod is still the best mobile juke box available and if I will get it any cheaper in Hong Kong or if I should be considering an alternative.

Any suggestions welcome.

yes they are cheaper in HK, considered the fact Apple upholds a rep. it is a darn good player, lousy playlist editor though (on ipod) and loads of acc. a good option is IRIVER which has the big advantage of drag'n drop just about from anaywhere whitout the hassle of DRM

tip

use winamps plugin mlipod to use it with winamp what gives you the reverse sinc option and allows you to copy from ipod to hdd (not possible in itunes)