Internet Gambling In Thailand

wincen

I like to play poker tournements online and make a few thousand a month doing it. When I was in thailand 6 months ago I bought these dial packages for 600 baht for one month unlimited. I used it in the hotels I was staying at. It seemed fairly reliable except for www.pokerstars.com .

Do they block gambling sights since gambling is illegal in Thailand?

I will be renting for 6 months there in about a month. Will a more reliable service help? Will ADSL be any different? I will have a direct phone line where ever I lease for 6 months.

Thanks

www.pokerstars.com

Works for me using Hi-net ADSL

They do (attempt to) block some sites, but you can reach any of them by using a proxy.

Gambling is illegal ooohh except for the lottery..why ? is that not gambling as much as a game of Hi-Lo or poker. :D:o

I would'nt recommend using True internet for online gambling, it has a habit of cutting out @ the worst times, so a friend tells me.

This may not bother u if u play limit with all-in protection or NL with all-in which I think pokerstars has, but correct me if im wrong, yer screwed in a multi if it cuts half way thru a hand :o

Gambling on the net in thailand isnt illegal. During the euro 2004 cup a police spokesman said that it was only illegal if bets were layed by someone using the internet to people in thailand. Apparently it isnt even illegal to use a thai credit card to gamble online, provided the servers/site and banking provider they use are located outside thailand. Though you would be breaking the law if you never declared winnings that were paid to a thai account for taxation :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well i'm in Udon THani and I bought a unlimited one month dial up for 600 baht and it wrks great.

Its a 1222 tot tt&t number. Wat is a 1222 number is it local call every where in thailand cslox is the company. It never disconnects.

Also I have to brag. I just entered a $5 tourney with 1200 people and took 4th. Made $440.