Wanted:kids Bike For Girl For Christmas

hackerthai

Hi

I have looked everywhere (supersport/phuket town) for a decent bike for a 5 and 11 year old and have not found much. I wouldn't mine paying for a well made bike but it is so difficult to find here in Phuket.

I already tried and bought one at lotus but it lasted 2 weeks and now is not safe --the breaks don't work and chain falls off. A waste of money.

Do you have a bike sitting around that you would like to sell or donate?

Please PM me if you have one or have any ideas.

Thank you

Merry Christmas to you and to Thai Visa readers and staff!

Who in their right mind would give a used bike as a gift?

I bought my son's 6 speed turbo at Big C and that bike has been to hel_l and back the way a 10 year old boy rides it and never failed.

To say ALL the bikes at Lotus are junk is an irresponsible statement unless you bought the cheapest thing you could find

I was at Tesco tonight and they had bikes for 5,000 thb that looked pretty dam_n sturdy to me

Pony up the real money and get new bikes

No child in the world wants a used bike

PS the breaks don't work and the chain falls off?

A fifth grader knows how to fix those things, it isnt exactly rocket science

It's Christmas and not time to be scrooge

I bought my son's 6 speed turbo at Big C and that bike has been to hel_l and back the way a 10 year old boy rides it and never failed.

To say ALL the bikes at Lotus are junk is an irresponsible statement unless you bought the cheapest thing you could find

I was at Tesco tonight and they had bikes for 5,000 thb that looked pretty dam_n sturdy to me

I don't see the problem with second hand gifts if it's for a good reason. I'd rather get a second hand Alfa Romeo Brera for christmas, than a brand new Nissan micra!!

The, sell or donate bit, however, I thought was little bit too much. Trying to get strangers to give you something for free so that you can then give it to someone as a present, is a little freakish to say the least.

All the Bikes in Tesco ARE junk.

I bought 3 in one day and took them all back. The first the seat fell off, the second the chain broke into a hundred pieces on the way out the shop and the third the forks bent all within hours of use. We then went and got a brand name bike from Supersport in Central, though they have a limited selection.

We bought an LA bike for my brother in law who is around 10 and it's been very strong and durable, they had a nice bike shop in the middle of Chumphae in Issan which is a tiny town, so I thought they would have had a decent bike shop here, but I haven't found one yet.

The bike I bought from tesco is perfectly fine for casual cycling. It has a five year guarantee and cost about 3500 baht. I have to tighten the bolts and adjust the brakes every now and then but im perfectly happy to do that. If anything seriously goes wrong then Im covered by warranty.

relax, take it easy.

Not everybody thinks the same way you do, but not agreeing with somebody does not mean you have to insult them.