Need Black Pvc Water Line In Cr

kandahar

I'm looking for a few rolls of the black PVC/plastic pipe that is commonly buried underground for water lines in other countries. It isn't too popular here but I have had shop people tell me that it is available in Chiang Rai but they don't know where. The stuff is typically about one inch in diameter and about 100 feet per roll. Anybody know where it is sold in Chiang Rai? I've looked and asked but no luck so far.

Kandahar, I don`t know where your based but popping into the nearest water authority yard might be helpful

Okay. Thanks. If something else doesn't pop up, I'll look into that. I live on the edge of the city of CR.

I do have in-laws in local government in the province and will ask them as a last resort. I'm kinda independent and hate to ask them for advice or directions. Usually if I ask, they want to know why I want what I want and then they try to discourage me. But if I just do the projects without getting them involved, they always think it is a good idea when they see it finished.

At the gym today I was told that walking from the old bus station toward the stoplight and on the same side, there is a shop that has the stuff you are looking for. It is right next to that medical supply store. It was closed today but I am assured by a guy who uses the stuff all the time, that they have it. If not in stock, you pay there and are sent to pick it up where they store the stuff, on the road to the new bus station.

It is not PVC but polypropylene or some such thing. PVC is stiff and brittle where the other can be rapped into rolls of roughly 100 meters, I believe.

Go have a look and let me know how it goes.

There are two stores which sell the black PVC/plastic pipe in Chiang Rai town.

The store which sells by the roll only, is near the old bus station in the center of town. With your back to the main entrance portal of the bus station, turn left and you come on Prasopsuk Road. Turn right towards Phaholyothin Road. The store has waterpumps displayed in its window. Almost opposite is Tesco Lotus Convenience Store.

The store which sells this pipe in small quantities (they cut up a roll) is in the southwest corner of Mae Khon intersection. That is the intersection near Little Duck hotel. The corner building houses 4 Lens Tours and the store is a few buildings southwards. They also sell fertilisers and animal feeds.

Thanks hmj and mumbojumbo.

I'm needing the rolls so I'll go to the place near the old bus station. Sounds like the same place that VF mentioned. I have seen that store many times but thought it was pretty much just another pump store.

Gonna get this invention off the ground this week if they have the stuff in stock.

Hey guys.

Got the product I was looking for and found it right where you said it was. Man, that's a nice shop and good people in there. I paid 1150 baht for a roll of 3/4 inch and what they said is 200 meters, if I understood correctly. Even if it is only 100 meters, I am happy with the price. They had the fittings I needed too.

Thanks to all for the help.

Hey guys.

Got the product I was looking for and found it right where you said it was. Man, that's a nice shop and good people in there. I paid 1150 baht for a roll of 3/4 inch and what they said is 200 meters, if I understood correctly. Even if it is only 100 meters, I am happy with the price. They had the fittings I needed too.

And thank you for getting back to us. Often people get what they want and vanish. I'll let my source know you were happy with the results.

Hey guys.

And thank you for getting back to us. Often people get what they want and vanish. I'll let my source know you were happy with the results.

That is a very good price indeed. Now I know where to look for PE pipe in C'Rai.

Thank you. :)