Information About Opening A Buissnes In The Thai Islands

amit10

PM if you want some serious advices...

But as a food&beverage consultant, these are not coming free :)

There's no such thing as a free lunch/bar girl, depending on which business you choose :D

You cannot afford to hire me if you are not willing to take my own advice :D

Sorry mods, I do not either try to spam or look for business... just answering!

Wow. Lazygourmet must be good. He assumes we cannot afford to hire him. Must have a vast business empire here. I wonder why he is still a "consultant"? :D

PM if you want some serious advices...

But as a food&beverage consultant, these are not coming free :)

There's no such thing as a free lunch/bar girl, depending on which business you choose :D

Wow. Lazygourmet must be good. He assumes we cannot afford to hire him. Must have a vast business empire here. I wonder why he is still a "consultant"? :D

Sorry for late answer to my cynical posts... but I was holidaying :D

But, yes indeed... you cannot afford to hire me :D

Dont forget no one ever sells a successful business in Thailand. All businesses on sale are the unsuccessful ones. Bear this in mind when you are investing.

Now, this is bar far the best post :)

Not true, some see better opportunities in another business but need capitol which must come from the sale of their existing business. Others have to sell due to ill health, some want to return home, there's many reasons for selling a succesful business......

Infact a wise person sells their business at the hight of it's success, in order to get teh best price.

Just do your due dilligence and then do it three times over again and pay proffecsionals to give the data the once over aswell..........

seems like better advice than a blanket "all businesses for sale are loosing".

Dont forget no one ever sells a successful business in Thailand. All businesses on sale are the unsuccessful ones. Bear this in mind when you are investing.

Now, this is bar far the best post :)

Not true, some see better opportunities in another business but need capitol which must come from the sale of their existing business. Others have to sell due to ill health, some want to return home, there's many reasons for selling a succesful business......

Infact a wise person sells their business at the hight of it's success, in order to get teh best price.

Just do your due dilligence and then do it three times over again and pay proffecsionals to give the data the once over aswell..........

seems like better advice than a blanket "all businesses for sale are loosing".

Womble, this point may not be true all the time, and certainly not the case for other countries but bear in mind there is something special (or is that weird) about Thailand. Thais, and especially Chinese-Thais, like to hang onto businesses if they are making money. They figure, as I understand it, that there is little point in selling unless they really have to, because they would then have the problem of finding something else to invest in.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking about things like a westerner, whose business aims are to sell at a high point because they have lots of good investment opportunities to put their money into. In Thailand invesment opportunities have a far higher level of risk. A good business is like gold dust and something Thais tend to want to keep hold of to benefit their families and cement their social status.

Edited by Bemused

Sorry for late answer to my cynical posts... but I was holidaying :D

But, yes indeed... you cannot afford to hire me :D

Wow, you must be so busy running your business empire. :D:D:D How can you spare the time to holiday?

I don't think I would ever hire you, you must be sooooo busy!!! :)