Udon Thani To Phitsanulok (by Bus).

TheGhostWithin

Hi all,

Am heading back to Udon to pick up a few things I can't seem to buy anywhere in Bangkok (clothes if you'd beleive it) and need to then go from Udon to Phitsanulok by Bus and on to Chiang Mai after an overnight stay.

Have done a bit of googling and obviously there are no flights from Udon to Phitsanulok, but it appears there are busses. Does anyone know what sort of timetables these busses run, what the cost of the trip is, how long it takes and which company it is with?

Sorry to be a bother, I am currently in NZ and have already spent hours on Google trying to find the answer - some local knowledge would be much appreciated, or if anyone by chance lives next door to the Chan Tours booth.. :)

- Hamish

Costs about 400 baht. Takes about 8hrs. There is an evening bus that leaves around midnight,if you can sleep on a bus it' gets in about 8:00.

thjis is for the ALL distance Udorn-Cmai route-these buses run and stop and yes, also let on/off in Phi-loke.

Again: these Qs are realy completely unneeded. besides that any ''flights'' would lead you obviously via BKK with a long transit. Sim[ply go to busstation in morning, there WILL be a bus within the next hour, you have a mouth to ask and eyes to look, nah? it will take about 5 hrs, and the price depends on the type of bus. If you really have to worry about 10/20 THB-then start walking. If you have ver used a bus in lOS, it would be over-obvious they all are quite cheap-for normal western standards. Also that anxious ''googling'' is unneeded- ANY road connecting 2 towns in the whole of this LOS has a frequent bus on it. major roads have also lng-distance better express buses.

Asanee,

Thank you for your productive response. Unfortunately I do not live in Thailand (though I have been visiting 2-3 times per year for the past 6 years now) so it is dificult to source information that is not readily available online (which I have mentioned, I was unable to locate this information).

The Q may be unnecessary to you, but it is essential to my planning - I am not travelling alone and to have my co travellers having to loop it all the way back to Khon Kaen and change bus because of my lack of planning is not really acceptable to me. Considering there are a large number of Senior members such as yourself on here with ample local real time knowledge on LOS, I would hope to get a productive answer such as the one which Ajahnlau provided. But then again, thanks for being another "moaner", when if you had have read my post with any fluency you would have seen I am not in LOS, and it is not economical for me to go from Auckland, New Zealand to the Udon Thani bus station in the morning, nor would it be smart to just turn up and try to board the next bus on the 11th of April, 2 days before Songkran.

Please excuse me if I have got the wrong end of the stick, but the arrogance is totally inappropriate. Enjoy your time on TVF.

• 2 weeks later...