Australian Spouse Visa

dear members,

i wish to seek advice on a spouse visa for Australia. I do not currently have a lease agreement for my rental property & the owners will not provide one.Do i now have to look for a new property & show this lease to immigration ?

thanks in advance for your responce

thanks for the reply so far guys, my wife is here already on her first tourist visa 3 months no furthur stay & will be returning to bkk shortly.There was no problem obtaining this tourist visa but i have read many reports of spouse visa refusals due to housing problems i am aware of the application questions for the spouse visa & that you have to satisfy them. my house is perfect, i live alone & she loves it here, however i can not get a lease agreement for this property for various reasons out of my hands.

thanks for the reply so far guys, my wife is here already on her first tourist visa 3 months no furthur stay & will be returning to bkk shortly.There was no problem obtaining this tourist visa but i have read many reports of spouse visa refusals due to housing problems i am aware of the application questions for the spouse visa & that you have to satisfy them. my house is perfect, i live alone & she loves it here, however i can not get a lease agreement for this property for various reasons out of my hands.

It would appear that you do not have a housing problem, but a problem providing adequate documentation with regards to your current housing arrangements. Perhaps you could be a bit more specific with regards to what your current living arrangements are.

It would appear that you do not have a housing problem, but a problem providing adequate documentation with regards to your current housing arrangements. Perhaps you could be a bit more specific with regards to what your current living arrangements are.

I obtained a spouse visa for my wife to migrate to Aus. a couple of years ago. A lease agreement was not part of the required documentation. Such issues could easily be addressed in the declarations that you (and others) must swear and provide in the application. Remember that spouse visas are decided in Australia, not Thailand, and the assessment officers would be familiar with issues such as this.

I obtained a spouse visa for my wife to migrate to Aus. a couple of years ago. A lease agreement was not part of the required documentation. Such issues could easily be addressed in the declarations that you (and others) must swear and provide in the application. Remember that spouse visas are decided in Australia, not Thailand, and the assessment officers would be familiar with issues such as this.

OOps, that last statement may be in error, it was 4 years ago that we did the original application. But the earlier part would still be my advice. Get your declarations done in Aus. so that their content is sworn there, and that would hopefully cover any documentation of this nature you feel is missing. And you could include other evidence of your residence, such as utility bills.

My stepson sponsored his wife 2 years ago. He lives with us, I didn't have to provide evidence, other than a declaration, that the accommodation is suitable.

My wife is here (Australia)also on a 3 month tourist visa.And Spouse Visa application has been in for about 2 months now.Because the spouse visa was not ready for my wife before christmas we got the tourist.The only paper work I have been asked to supply is copy of last years tax return and a letter from my employer.Nothing about any rental aggrements.So don't stress to much.PM me if you are in Sydney the misis is looking for some new mates here in Australia.