Sas Via Copenhagen

NanLaew

I am headed to Aberdeen with the family (once the snow melts) and was planning using KLM Biz Class as they have the best onward connections and I know Schiphol very well. However, their prices just jumped around $800 and SAS is now coming up as the cheapest Biz Class option.

Anyone flown SAS to CPH? What's their A340 Biz Class like? What's that airport like for a 2-hour plane change layover? The onward sector is on a pokey little Canadair regional jet so lose out on any Biz Class options there. Anyone have an opinion on that aircraft?

Thanks!

Edited by NanLaew

Flew SK-got an upgrade to C class, but thats too long ago to remember.

CPH airport is just a smaller Schiphol, efficient, clean, welkl organised etc. Anyone speekee the anglit, prices are sky-high, even more as AMS. Nothing to worry or even moan about. As you come from OUT Schengen and traven onward to NOn-Schengen, most likely its no passpt control etc. But even if you have to-also eficient and fast. check a site like flyertalk for comments on its bisnislounge-you must still have at least 1 hour to sample its delights there.

Copenhagen Airport is the nicest airport I know;very well stuffed duty-free,you could buy Harley bikes there;SAS - very competent airline

with very competent stuff.Only one thing - they cancel flights on Christmas Eve and NewYear Eve.

Copenhagen Airport is the nicest airport I know;very well stuffed duty-free,you could buy Harley bikes there;SAS - very competent airline

with very competent stuff.Only one thing - they cancel flights on Christmas Eve and NewYear Eve.

The Taxfree/ Duty free is about 25 to 30 percent more expensive in the airport then you can by non tax free in the city.

But I agree its nice airport

Edited by SM7WGP

I've made the Bangkok - Aberdeen three times over the past 18 months on SAS Biz Class and all three trips were excellent. The A340 biz class layout was good (not great) and the food / service was excellent. The small jet from Copenhagen to Aberdeen is a bit cramped and its a bus out to the plane - but its only a short flight so not a big deal.

The SAS Biz Class lounge in Copenhagen is excellent, never crowded and Copenhagen airport is a real gem. Overall, a much better trip than with KLM via Amsterdam and cheaper.