Low Tides At The Beach

Crypt36

I want know at what times the water of Pattaya beach reaches it's ultimate low tides. I've been using this website but each time I show up it's hardly really low tide... Or maybe it is lowtide but the water just doesn't go back that far all year I don't know.

I like walking there when the beach is like 200m wide instead of the normal 20m but just can't figure out when this is?!

This is what I've been using but it don't work. Or as mentioned before it does but maybe the lowtide just isn't that low this time of the year.

Low tides

Maybe I am misinterpretating the tabel on the site and is LW infact Hightide and HW in fact lowtide...

Please let someone have some better info!!

This is probably as good as you'll get.

Here's the high and low tides for the whole of 2010 at Satahip. The times should be pretty close to Pattaya's.

Sattahip Tide Chart - 2010

Tides seem to cycle between 2 highs and lows each day to 1 high and low each day. June 2010 is very interesting, because for that month there is only a single day with 2 tides.

Even more strange, if you go through the various months you'll notice that occasionally there is only one hi tide and no low tide on that day at all and visa versa for one day of the year.

Edit: I take that back. Perhaps there is quite a difference between the tides at Sattahip and Pattaya. On the same website you can find the tides for Bangkok, and despite it's close distance from Sattahip, the tides times are totally different, even in terms of how many per day.

Bangkok Tide Chart - 2010

Edited by tropo

Thanks Graham. I examined the other thai cities on my website as well and at the moment the difference between high and low tide is just about 1m. Looking at your link I think these very low tides will start in april/may/june again because the difference is as much as 2m in these months!

Edited by Crypt36