Cat Telekom Blocking Facebook?

kamelot

this started about 2 hrs ago.. DNS? or gov't is blocking these websites?

Started around the same time for me (True Internet/Bangkok), but unlike others, Facebook is fine for me, while Yahoo Mail is completely inaccessible. I haven't come across another site with the same apparent MICT block... I remember a recent Facebook/CNN/Yahoo ban, but this seems more specifically targeted than that one.

Yeah mentioned already on another thread regarding PhotoBucket there's one thing all of these have in common, they can be used for getting out or receiving news and pictures... It's contingencies being tested for the inevitable event.

Actually I just realized it was this thread where did my original post go? :D There was nothing derogatory inflammatory in it? :)

Oops!! maybe not...... It was photobucket... :D :D

Edited by WarpSpeed

Interesting,

most probably it's just a glitch in the Great Firewall of Thailand, and incompetence.

Recently I've been having problems retrieving and sending emails from Mac mail, I use two different ISPs in my home and both seem to fail to download any emails for hours (have to read them via online server access like web2mail), the smtp for sending them out often fails too (usually on the maxnet one), but when querying with others they don't have this problem at the time.

At times I also experience down time in accessing websites, while the radio streaming and skype chatting works fine, so there's nothing wrong with my connection but most likely the 'spy content filter' goes down, so no website data can pass through.

Who knows. Likely things will sort out in day or two, we should all be patient because it's FOR THE GOOD OF NATIONAL SECURITY (whatever that means ;-)

...And, the conspiracy theorists come out of the woodwork again. :)

On True Bangkok, Facebook and Flickr are fine. I have no problem accessing them. This was found to be a routing problem last time, where everything from some ISPs got routed through MICT, which then overloaded and defaulted to their banner page.

Nothing has been banned. There is no secret war approaching today. The government is not trying to block social networking sites. Relax! :D :D