Sunday Motorcycle Ride. (wave Type Bikes)

highonthai

Small bike ride on Sunday, anyone with a small bike 100/125 wave/dream style welcome to join.

Starting at 9:30 am from the Royal Flora cannal road interection. Will ride to Samoeng then Mae Khan and then south to Mae Wang and back to the Royal Flora Inter. 80% paved, some good some bad and 20% dirt road. Just a mellow cruse.

All day ride and should be back before dark.

You know, when you mix the big bike's and the small scooters together it's a whole diffrient ride for both involved. Turns into two seperate groups/ride.

Next big bike ride I go on I will post. :)

Edited by highonthai

Sunday ride was great, started at 9:30 am and was back by 5:00.

167 K's. Stoped along many villages and had a good time. perfect mix of on and offroad.

Going out again this week if anyone want's to go.

El jefe,

I don't think you did this route on a bicycle.

post-17260-1263808286_thumb.jpg

Im GAGGING to get out on the road on my Bike' its been 8 and a half weeks since I had my motorbike accident and busted my leg in 4 places now I am the proud owner of a Metal Leg :)

I,m longing for the open road even though El Jefe dont allow big bikes on his day trips :D

My mate just left for Koh Tao BUMMER

Doc said another 6 weeks I should be able to start putting weight on it

Be careful out there and drive safe :D

167 K's. Stoped along many villages and had a good time. perfect mix of on and offroad.

El jefe,

I don't think you did this route on a bicycle.

First, I didn't say "I did it." I said "A bunch of us did that ride."

Second, you're technically correct in that we didn't do your route. We did it in the clockwise direction. We did however skip the little detour to Houi Cho which you have marked on your map as "Temple Intersection." We took the direct route from Canal Road to Mae Wang.

We met near Hang Dong and rode to Mae Wang, Mae Win, past Mae Sapok, then up the "cobbles" and over the horrendous roads to Huai Hoi and Huai Mana, then past the edge of Khun Khan NP (not "Kuh Khan") before having a late lunch in Samoeng. Then up and over the switchbacks back to the Canal Road.

I don't even have a cyclocomputer on my bike but my friends said it was over 160kms with 2,900 meters of climbing. We took about 2 hours longer than you with our 5 stops for food and drinks. There were 8 of us. Three of them were on mountain bikes, the rest of us were on road bikes. Neither is really suitable for this trip because of the varied road surfaces.

Anything that can be done on a 125 cc bike can be done on a bicycle. I tend to fall off my motorbike on a regular basis even when on smooth pavement so I give you guys credit for taking your "bikes" on this route.

Is it possible download this trip in Google Earth KMZ file (GPX) format somewhere?

Is it possible download this trip in Google Earth KMZ file (GPX) format somewhere?

I build my own maps using Google earth and Adobe photoshop. It takes a while but the results are good. Then I can adjust the map any way that suits me and add my own GPS co-ordinates.