Internet Security 2010

PattayaParent

This 'software' has installed itself on my computer and is flashing up infection warning messages every few minutes trying to get me to run it or update the virus database.

Anyone know about this software? Is it a genuine, useful programme?

To me it seems to be just a virus and as I didn't choose to use it I want to lose it, however it doesn't appear in the installed software list, uninstaller won't run to uninstall it and when I go to the containing folder to physically delet it then it won't allow that either.

I'm running my genuine virus checker at the moment and then play to boot in Safe Mode and restore the sytem to a previous restore point.

Any other suggestions if that fails?

THANKS

Edit: It also seems to have done something to Adobe Acrobat as when I try to open a .pdf file I get an error message that the file is infected and I should run my anti-virus software, which doesn't find a problem with the files (the genuine one that is)

Edited by PattayaParent

What anti-virus software are you running?

If it were worth a crap it would not have allowed this malware to install itself.

Assuming you have Norton or McAfee or some legit anti-virus - just do a restore, doesn't need to be in safe mode.

Consider running an online virus check from one of the 2 above mentioned anti-virus companies.

Consider running an anti spyware (free) program.

What anti-virus software are you running?

If it were worth a crap it would not have allowed this malware to install itself.

Assuming you have Norton or McAfee or some legit anti-virus - just do a restore, doesn't need to be in safe mode.

Consider running an online virus check from one of the 2 above mentioned anti-virus companies.

Consider running an anti spyware (free) program.

I can't find an online checker on either of their websites. Edit: Just found the McAfee one and will run it when Malwarebytes has finished.

Malwarebytes has been running for 45 minutes now and has found 25 infected objects but I still have pop up problems with IS2010.

Edited by PattayaParent

Well if you couldn't be bothered finding out the information for yourself you really shouldn't be whinging...

Ever heard that before? :)

My advice is...nah, you won't be listening to any advice, would you? :D

Slow down, man! Obviously he DID listen to advise given here... Did you have a rough night? :D

welo

• 7 months later...