Private Health Insurance For Family

lanky

I know back home we have private insurance I am looking for my girlfriend/wife in particular for birth of our child are there any private health insurance companies in chiangmai that cover births in hospitals and can it be paid monthly

thankyou

The first thing you need to figure out is if she is your girlfriend or wife!

I don't believe that there is an insurance policy available that will pay for the birth of your child. But you can buy private health insurance for the child once he/she is born. The policy can't be used for 30 days however.

Sripat is a good choice for childbirth. They used to charge 16,000 Baht but the prices went up January 1st. I think they are 20-24,000 Baht now.

If you can't afford that then you shouldn't be having kids!

The first thing you need to figure out is if she is your girlfriend or wife!

I don't believe that there is an insurance policy available that will pay for the birth of your child. But you can buy private health insurance for the child once he/she is born. The policy can't be used for 30 days however.

Sripat is a good choice for childbirth. They used to charge 16,000 Baht but the prices went up January 1st. I think they are 20-24,000 Baht now.

If you can't afford that then you shouldn't be having kids!

Could it be both are pregnant?

I don't believe that there is an insurance policy available that will pay for the birth of your child.

That's right. Insurance companies make money from those folks who do not make a claim, and as child birth is likely, then no inurance company would give a policy out on the inevitable. But i think the poster is probably looking for cover which will protect them in the event of any complications during the pregnancy and or birth.

This kind of insurance is usually obtained prior to a confirmed pregnancy, and so it might be difficult, or costly, or both, to request such a policy if the good lady is already heavy with child.

I hope someone can offer you more constructive advice than mine lanky, because to have an insurance will surely give both parents-to-be some piece of mind.

Good luck

Aitch

There are policies that will cover however they obviously need to be in force before conception.

Please contact Thai Visa Brokers for details Here

I'm intrigued as to how you would generate a quote for such an eventuality... I'm assuming the questionnaire would request details on frequency, ingress preferences, typical state of inebriation etc?

i used the thaivisa brokers for our family insurance.... compared it to lots of others, as i shopped around a lot before moving here. In the end we got insured thru LMG, full coverage, including outpatient. Very good rates.

As mentioned above, coverage does not begin for 30 days and then pregnancy is not covered for first year

mileage may vary, as always

If she is thai, look at AIA Insurance.

First point, AIA can be used by anyone - not just Thais

Second, AIA is not a general/medical insurance company - only a Life insurance company. The way they get around the rules is to bundle Life cover with the medical.

Bottom line, you are paying for something you did not ask for.