Living On Samui Full Time . Can It Be Done ?

head1

Twice a year I go to my summerhouse in Chiang Mai.

I really have to get away from all the stress here on Samui.

Just rent and have business on Samui.

"Working" 16 hours/ day 7 days a week.

Buying something on Samui? :D

1 rai + 3 bedroom house = 500.000 baht (in rural Chiang Mai) :D

3 bedroom house made of what ? it might be cheaper in chiang mai but it aint that cheap for a decent house, perhaps you could provide me with a link.

Keep talking like that and we will end up with all the dregs from samui here :D

Concrete, maybe I should have mentioned that all the teak interior came from my father in law "working" in the national park that surrounds the village. :D

The park was created 1972 and the park and the villagers have mutual understanding that some logging can be made as long as it does not leave the village.

Nice place, waterfalls, hot springs, caves etc..

Never been a beach person myself, found that out after moving to Samui.

All the beaches look the same to me, too sandy.

You forgot to say that ' your ' summer house was in a village ' your wifes village '. I think from now on you should start calling it your wifes house. hahaha :D . We all know what i am talking about. If you and your wife break up ' a house in your wifes village ' you have no chance of ever getting anything from the house again.

Yes i know you are going to say you are ' rich ' and can afford to lose it ( seems to be what every farang in thailand says about there house ) . But why buy something you are going to lose no matter how rich you are or arent. I am no were near sort of money my self but i would still never buy a house ( even it was really really cheap ) that io could lose.

When will some of us farangs learn. Live in thailand enjoy it here and rent a nice home.... But dont buy a home here ever !! we cant own it and never will be able to. :)

You forgot to say that ' your ' summer house was in a village ' your wifes village '. I think from now on you should start calling it your wifes house. hahaha :D . We all know what i am talking about. If you and your wife break up ' a house in your wifes village ' you have no chance of ever getting anything from the house again.

Yes i know you are going to say you are ' rich ' and can afford to lose it ( seems to be what every farang in thailand says about there house ) . But why buy something you are going to lose no matter how rich you are or arent. I am no were near sort of money my self but i would still never buy a house ( even it was really really cheap ) that io could lose.

When will some of us farangs learn. Live in thailand enjoy it here and rent a nice home.... But dont buy a home here ever !! we cant own it and never will be able to. :)

I would say that you are the one with the black tinted glasses here. You could loose everything you have everywhere in every minute in this life.

BTW there are more mixed couples living happy together in their houses till death separates them, than you can imagine.

Edited by Birdman

I would say that you are the one with the black tinted glasses here. You could loose everything you have everywhere in every minute in this life.

BTW there are more mixed couples living happy together in their houses till death separates them, than you can imagine.

From what you are saying it sounds like you have broght a home here and are now regretting it and telling your self you can lose anything anywhere... WHIHC WE KNOW IS FAR FROM TURE. dont try and company the land laws for farangs in Thailand to land laws in other countrys. If you are from europe and who a home in any country in the EU that is your home no matter what happenes you can put it your own name. Same in the US if you are from the US and you and your wife have a home in the US. Then you have a fair chance if you break up you would get half. In thailand if you and your ( thai wife ) have a home and you break up you stand NO chance of geeting anything from land. Dont tell yourself other wise. I am not saying all other countrys have fair laws but most have better laws. Thai Laws for land are very very racist againest ( non asians ) Whites and blacks.

....how about shaving the same face every day, maybe twice,

isn't that massively boring?

Sure, i shave every 4/5 days....

...so you admit that you are able to live with yourself,

being the same again, and again,

over and over again and still not bored

or do you live only all 4/5 days as well?

No, i'm really bored but in Italy is cold....

In Samui every non bar frequenting guy is bored :)

i am the same , i get fed up staying on koh chang for 2-3 wks, then i head to pattaya or bkk and get fed up there after a few days, then up to khon kaen where i lasted 3 mths last time only because i built the wife a house. takes me to be focused on something wether its a business or a hobby etc otherwise i just end up drinking myself into oblivion.