2 Days In Bangkok

thaifever2007

you can take dinner cruse from river city hotel 7.30 pm

2 hours fun and great entertainment about 900 baht per person

2nd this can be siam niramit show(a bit expensive)

Yea, the Grand Palace is a must see, I kind of figured that. The river dinner cruise sounds great. 900 baht/person. Me, my wife, and 3 month old son. Do you think they'll charge 900 baht for my son? I'm staying at the Maxinn hotel, how do I get to the river cruise from there?

I did some research and found this.

"A good and cheap trip is to get the river taxis that go up and down the river for less than 20 baht a head. Most people get on at Saphan Taksin BTS station (on the river) and go up towards the Grand Palace or Banglampu."

This sounds a lot better then paying 900 baht a head for a dinner cruise. We want to see the Grand Palace anyway and we're cheap charlies.

I did some research and found this.

"A good and cheap trip is to get the river taxis that go up and down the river for less than 20 baht a head. Most people get on at Saphan Taksin BTS station (on the river) and go up towards the Grand Palace or Banglampu."

This sounds a lot better then paying 900 baht a head for a dinner cruise. We want to see the Grand Palace anyway and we're cheap charlies.

they will not charge for 3 year old kid.

i recommend you dinner cruse because you wanted to do tourist thing.

upto you if you want to take taxi boat go for it. :)

cheers

babuhavas

Yeah, the Grand Palace is sort of impressive, but it's not as impressive and enjoyable as, say, taking a boat along the river during the day. Get to see some pretty amazing sights (and, um, smells... :) ) - it's the one thing I do with any visitors I have here, well worth doing during the daylight hours.

from the pier 5 minutes walk from the exit from the grand palace take express boat to nonthaburi (end of line) 13-20 baht (depending on the speed). Takes 45 minutes, take the front seats, close to the captain, so you can see more.

in nonthaburi there are cheap restaurants just by the river front.

the last boat is 7pm on weekends, later on weekdays - just did the grand palace, boat and massage today with my family from europe, great day

10:00 am Morning and early lunch in Chinatown.

1:00 pm Walk to Tha Ratchawong pier and catch riverbus to Tha Tien Pier

1:30pm Walk to Grand Palace

1:40pm Tour Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew

5:00pm Taxi to Wat Po - get there around 5.30pm. Massage at back of temple. Its quiet by then and the ambience is brilliant as the evening descends

7:00pm Return to hotel for snooze and shower

9:30pm Soi Cowboy

4 things - be ambitious - you might die the next day!

Edited by SantiSuk

• 2 years later...

Siam Niramit is definitely a good place to go. The show is much fun and can give you an idea of the Thai traditions and folklore.

If anyone is interested, I have up to 7 vouchers (tickets) valid until the 30th of June. I sell them for 1,000 THB.

They are valued in 1,500 THB. I bought them for some friends but they couldn´t go to the show.

You can call me at 08 511 03 573 for the tickets or for any question