Where Is The New Location Of Buonissimo ?

ManilaLover

Must be somewhere close to the railway station, but no one can tell.

For lovers of Delicious Italian Food, it's also worth driving the 20 kilometer to the Italian restaurant Doi Saket !!!!!

At the trafficlights in Doi Saket go right for 200 meters, last of a block of townhouses with a woodframe decorated terrace.

It is a little bit South of the new McDonald's at Thapae Gate, right next to a fairly new massage parlor on Kotchasan Road with a bunch of girls always in front. There is already a sign there with an Italian name. However, I've heard that the main emphasis will be on Italian style pizza and there are so many places aready. I really enjoy most of Sergios food, but not so much his pizza. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

It is a little bit South of the new McDonald's at Thapae Gate, right next to a fairly new massage parlor on Kotchasan Road with a bunch of girls always in front. There is already a sign there with an Italian name. However, I've heard that the main emphasis will be on Italian style pizza and there are so many places aready. I really enjoy most of Sergios food, but not so much his pizza. :)

can you give more details please ? new massage salon, do you mean the tiny colorful decorated shop on the corner that used to be Sandra's Door Cafe ? there's not a bunch of soupchickenUHHH girls in front, just a few working inside. more south perhaps ? could not find any.

His regulars are going to have parking problems

I think his food is great and priced at a level that encourages repeat business.

I see pizzamania has opened a branch in the old Bear's Den pub. I used to love a quiet after work beer there. I'll need to check it out. This may become my Buonissimo surrogate.

That's another one. (Supposed he did not change the name, it was closed when I went to look there so could not check)

Edited by ManilaLover

I had a delicious lasagna at Sergio's new place, it seats about 30, he was very happy and excited, I was his second customer at this local, near Thaepae gate. He is in the process of building a new wholesale place on Chang klan road, but until it's completed doesn't want to give any more info, other than that it will be huge. Go down and give him a visit.

Sergio's new place is now open, just across from Thaphae gate on Kotchasan. It's called Pizza e Vino (Pizza & Wine) and is very small.

I was also informed that the new food and wine shop is also open on Chang Klan rd. across from the Park Hotel.

Regards to all,

Paul

One thing to note: He may be doing a different format for this restaurant. I'm not sure 100% but it may be downmarket from his previous restaurant. So keep that in mind, when setting expectations, to not set expectations. This may be a cheapo, basic place offering easy pizza / pasta dishes. So competing more with the Mike's of this world than the Giorgio's. Separately, there may be an upmarket place opening as well; different location, different market segment/ target group.

Nice building by the way, for a row/shophouse block. Similar in style to the older shophouses along the river. I think that's encouraging. (Separate remark from the restaurant, not saying that Sergio had anything to do with the building as a whole). Looking at some of the other things happening in that area such as what Stabucks did with their building on the corner, or what the elephant auntie did with her building (Elephant Nature Park), and a lot of boutique hotels, I think that area is on the right track, moving on from the VERY depressing construction of the past. (The past that people seem to call the good old days, even though the architecture of the era was truly horrific. (1970s/1980s/90/s etc.)

( Edit: ... though that lower roof overhang means there apparently isn't any place left to stick the aircon condensors... (see picture above) :)... So the things ended up in front of the window shutters. Oh well. At least someone's trying. :D )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai