Golfshop.thailand.com - Online Golf Gear

Pdaz

My neighbor came up with a website called 'golfshop.thailand' after searching the net for some new gear. Their prices seem very good but I tend to believe in ''if it's too good to be true it probably is'

So anybody had any dealing with them ? Could recomend them or had any horror stories..

Thanks in advance

(mods hope having the website name isn't a problem ? It isn't in the form of a link)

I doubt this is a good place to buy anything. A friend of mine recently bought golf shoes at the local "pro" shop. After two weeks the soles started separating. (Much like his money had done from his wallet!) He took them back--"Sorry, no warranty". That was his experience at Lanna in Chiang Mai. I was there for the whole episode, so it is not a case of a "friend who knew a friend that heard...."

Back to this website. I thought I would check prices and clicked on Titleist ProVI. Here's what came up:

All golf clubs are 100% genuine products. We do not sell or endorse the selling of counterfeit/fake golf clubs. Most clubs come with a minimum one-year warranty dependent on manufacturer.

Payment is by cash only. Call the golf hotline below and our bi-lingual (Thai and English) sales representative will arrange delivery with you.

Not much to do with Pro VI's. Typical Thai bait and switch. Better off buying abroad and getting a guarantee worth a cr+p, even if you have to pay more. There are ways of getting small items, once in a while into the country without paying the huge duty, that protects inferior local products. I am not advocating circumventing import duties so as to profit from reselling, but for personal use...a different matter.

Then again the Thai Mail can't be relied upon either. My mother sent me a cashiers cheque for $100 for Christmas. Never arrived! I told her to cancel it and keep the C'note for her birthday.

Maybe all us golfers should band together and send someone back to the US once a month to pick up "supplies". I say until the Thai outlets step up and back what they sell, they should be avoided.

I doubt this is a good place to buy anything. A friend of mine recently bought golf shoes at the local "pro" shop. After two weeks the soles started separating. (Much like his money had done from his wallet!) He took them back--"Sorry, no warranty". That was his experience at Lanna in Chiang Mai. I was there for the whole episode, so it is not a case of a "friend who knew a friend that heard...."

Back to this website. I thought I would check prices and clicked on Titleist ProVI. Here's what came up:

All golf clubs are 100% genuine products. We do not sell or endorse the selling of counterfeit/fake golf clubs. Most clubs come with a minimum one-year warranty dependent on manufacturer.

Payment is by cash only. Call the golf hotline below and our bi-lingual (Thai and English) sales representative will arrange delivery with you.

Not much to do with Pro VI's. Typical Thai bait and switch. Better off buying abroad and getting a guarantee worth a cr+p, even if you have to pay more. There are ways of getting small items, once in a while into the country without paying the huge duty, that protects inferior local products. I am not advocating circumventing import duties so as to profit from reselling, but for personal use...a different matter.

Then again the Thai Mail can't be relied upon either. My mother sent me a cashiers cheque for $100 for Christmas. Never arrived! I told her to cancel it and keep the C'note for her birthday.

Maybe all us golfers should band together and send someone back to the US once a month to pick up "supplies". I say until the Thai outlets step up and back what they sell, they should be avoided.

Forgot to mention the sexy girls splattered over the website. Now there's a credibility builder!

• 4 weeks later...