Out Of Thailand For 2 Weeks

cers

I'll be out of Thailand for about 2 weeks. I won't take my mobile phone and sim card with me.

Is it possible to set up my mobile phone in such a way that all callers to my mobile phone will be registered so that on returning I'll know exactly who called me ?

Every mobile phone I have had in the last 10 years records

every call that comes in and if you do not answer it puts

it in the "missed calls" folder.

I doubt any phone these days does not have this capability.

But you must leave the phone on and on the charger sitting somewhere safe.

I know in the US you do not need to leave it on as you can find out who

called when you check in turning it on the next time. Not sure if this can

be done in LOS.

Edited by paulfr

Every mobile phone I have had in the last 10 years records

every call that comes in and if you do not answer it puts

it in the "missed calls" folder.

I doubt any phone these days does not have this capability.

But you must leave the phone on and on the charger sitting somewhere safe.

I know in the US you do not need to leave it on as you can find out who

called when you check in turning it on the next time. Not sure if this can

be done in LOS.

What do you mean with " but you must leave the phone on the charger "sitting somewhere safe." ?

Your phone needs to be on for 2 weeks, ergo it needs to constantly be charged (unless you have someone take care of that when it runs low).

If you have your own place and no one enters there, no problem, but by somewhere safe I guess was meant to make sure that you don't leave your phone for 2 weeks in some place where people who you do not know/trust come by.

What do you mean with " but you must leave the phone on the charger "sitting somewhere safe." ?

You said you will leave your phone in LOS while gone.

If the phone is off, DTAC and AIS and other carriers will let you know who called.

But if the phone is on, there is a "missed calls" feature on nearly all phones that

records the number of an incoming call that you did not answer.

So just leave it on in your apt [or another safe place where it won't be stolen].

But the battery will run down unless you leave it on the plugged in charger.

Edited by paulfr

You said you will leave your phone in LOS while gone.

If the phone is off, DTAC and AIS and other carriers will let you know who called.

But if the phone is on, there is a "missed calls" feature on nearly all phones that

records the number of an incoming call that you did not answer.

So just leave it on in your apt [or another safe place where it won't be stolen].

Correction;

If the phone is off, DTAC and AIS and other carriers will NOT let you know who called.

Is it safe to leave a mobile phone plugged in charger for 2 weeks or longer ?

Yes just leave it turned on and plugged into a charger, my second phone has been plugged into a charger with the last 6 months and have had no problem with the phone or the charger , perfectly safe

Is it safe to leave a mobile phone plugged in charger for 2 weeks or longer ?

Yes just leave it turned on and plugged into a charger, my second phone has been plugged into a charger with the last 6 months and have had no problem with the phone or the charger , perfectly safe

You can leave it on charger,remember however,that - log memory in your mobile has limited capacity - may be 10 calls!or little more.It is not enough,I think.

Better solution is to transfer calls to home line,whith device called - call logger,or/and another -answering machine(forgotten device - it was so popular 2 decades ago).

Call loggers are cheap,they show you tel.number of person who calls you,and they have memory - something like:100 calls.You can also find telephones with this feature.

Voice mail is another solution - if configured correctly,they will tell you,who called,even if caller do not leave message.You can have it on your mobile,but not on prepaid.

Solutions are endless - you can take your mobile with you,keep it on using roaming,you see who is calling - but it is up to you - answer or not.