Hot! Where To Get A Portable Air Conditioner Here

MisterMan

ah ha....

you are in luck buddy

dash to tesco of your choice. a portable white color air cond about 4 feet tall for about 21,000 baht.

and don't forget to tell them that nakachalet sends you.... so i'll get my cut.... like some phuket tuktuks owners.... LOL

Edited by nakachalet

Interesting, I'll certainly look into this the next time I go to Tesco Lotus. Nakachalet are you sure it was Tesco and not Homepro, where I would rather expect a gadget like this?

Mister Man I don't think that is what you are looking for, but there are also portable box like fans that you have to fill up with icecubes to make them fuction as an airconditioner. Might be exactly the right thing if you just need aircon for a little while to be able to fall asleep.

ah ha....

you are in luck buddy

dash to tesco of your choice. a portable white color air cond about 4 feet tall for about 21,000 baht.

and don't forget to tell them that nakachalet sends you.... so i'll get my cut.... like some phuket tuktuks owners.... LOL

I v had one. Not very efficient at 3-5k btu, and rather expensive at 21k baht. a good 13k btu is only 16k baht installed

Interesting, I'll certainly look into this the next time I go to Tesco Lotus. Nakachalet are you sure it was Tesco and not Homepro, where I would rather expect a gadget like this?

Mister Man I don't think that is what you are looking for, but there are also portable box like fans that you have to fill up with icecubes to make them fuction as an airconditioner. Might be exactly the right thing if you just need aircon for a little while to be able to fall asleep.

I had one of those icecub/water fans, man do they make the room humid.

I have seen the portable aircon units in homepro across from the central department store.

keestha

ref to portable a/c unit.... the one i saw, even last night, was at tesco for sure.

surprising, i did not locate such unit at homepro which is also my favourite store but that was in hatyai last week.

yep, the one with ice cube is convenient but as myphuketlife pointed out it adds humidity to the room.

maybe we expats could start a portable a/c manufacturing company soon.... LOL

Hi

I bought a good one when I was building my house in Surin a couple of years ago. It was bloody expensive - 22,500 Baht

Any portable aircon unit MUST have a vent to outside (mine has a big flexy hose arrangement) or all it will do is cycle hot and cold air in the room. I know most laws in Thailand are a joke and easily broken, but that does not apply to the laws of physics, even here!

With the outside vent, it worked well. I used it to keep my electrical room cool while I worked on acres of wiring, by running the exhaust pipe through a sheet of plastic over the doorway. It also needs a drip tray to collect the condensed water. There's a 1/2" pipe out of the back for this.

It's put away in my workshop now and never used, so if you want to buy mine at half cost price, let's say 10,000 cash in hand, PM me. I'm at Surin beach until next Thursday.

Cheers, Mark

ps I also have a DeWalt radial arm saw and 12" planer imported from UK :) Oh and a 'Rage' cut-anything circular saw, unused. And one of those tree-cutting things. And a Quadbike. I'm out of here soon.

Edited by Jingjok

Hi

I bought a good one when I was building my house in Surin a couple of years ago. It was bloody expensive - 22,500 Baht

Any portable aircon unit MUST have a vent to outside (mine has a big flexy hose arrangement) or all it will do is cycle hot and cold air in the room. I know most laws in Thailand are a joke and easily broken, but that does not apply to the laws of physics, even here!

With the outside vent, it worked well. I used it to keep my electrical room cool while I worked on acres of wiring, by running the exhaust pipe through a sheet of plastic over the doorway. It also needs a drip tray to collect the condensed water. There's a 1/2" pipe out of the back for this.

It's put away in my workshop now and never used, so if you want to buy mine at half cost price, let's say 10,000 cash in hand, PM me. I'm at Surin beach until next Thursday.

Cheers, Mark

ps I also have a DeWalt radial arm saw and 12" planer imported from UK :) Oh and a 'Rage' cut-anything circular saw, unused. And one of those tree-cutting things. And a Quadbike. I'm out of here soon.

Well I don't want one now.. sounds way to complicated! Might as well have one properly instlled! Thanks for the info and saving me 10k or 21k

now, i recalled.... while going to u of m around 1964, i bought a brand new PORTABLE a/c window unit on sale for 105 usd, and sold it two yr later after graduation for 80 usd. then bought another portable unit while at i.u., for 165 usd, a 6,000 btu....

wonder if we can import such window a/c units to thailand and sell it cheap to thaivisa members.... LOL

come to think of it, i shall contact the old company and see if it can ship me a container with the proper adapter for thailand.... anyone wants a unit or two....? LOL