Jorakae Tain Kwad

littee

That looks suspiciously like an Ajarn Noo design.

No I dont know the significance of the design, however I can tell you two things,

the kata (writing) is incorrect, Ajarn Noo does this on purpose to stop copycats from coping his work,

only he knows what the correct writing should be. This doesnt stop people from getting the work done

by another artist anyway.

Secondly, I dont know if Ajarn Noo is still doing sak yant these days, if he is, and you get this done by him it will be expensive, last I heard he doesnt even do the sak yant he just gives a blessing.

Next point, from what my Thai friends tell me, you dont just pick out a design and say thats what I want, the sak yant will be chosen for you depending on such things as your date of birth, personality, occupation etc etc.

Finally if you dont know what the design means why would you want it?

Mods please move this to the pinned topic Buddhist tattoos in the Buddhism forum.

Found some info here

Thai people tell me the croc is good for money as its jaws bite down and never release easily....

Choo-chok tattoo’s print

An old man with a money’s bag on his shoulder, His name is Choo-chok, he is a beggar at first and a millionaire at last. This tattoo’s print is good for your business and everyone who want to get richer.

Hanuman Soong-Rith tattoo’s print (White Magic’s Monkey)

There were many Hanumans’ tattoo-prints from No.1 to No. 10 (Most popular and very special are No.8, No.9 and No.10) In Ramayana Indian tale, Hanuman is immortal, lucky in game and lucky in love. If you want to success for life, protect you from any weapons and luckiest in love, choose it!

Kao-Yod tattoo’s print ( Nava-Horakoon tattoo’s print)

This is a major tattoo’s print and may be a 1st tattoo for a new comer. The meaning of Kao-Yod is explained by 9 magic abilities of The Lord Buddha that show you in 9 lines of tattoo’s print. This tattoo’s print is good for protect you from any weapons.

Rahoo-Om-Jan tattoo’s print (Giant and the moon)

From the phenomenon that silhouette on the moon we call Rahoo-Om-Jan. We believe that Rahoo is a giant’s master and command all of devil. This tattoo’s print will help you live up or change your destiny and against all harmful.

Matchanu (Semi God’s monkey and fish)

Matchanu is a son of Hanuman and Suwan-madcha. (Mermaid) This tattoo’s print is look like Hanuman but you will see his tail like a mermaid. This tattoo’s print is good for fishermen and in every property is same as Hanuman.

Ganesha (Pra-Pikanesha)

Ganesha is a god of wealthy and successes, you can remember him easily with his elephant’s head on god body. He is the god that cleverest and he can bless you to pass all suffixes. This tattoo’s print is good for artists, actors, singers and technicians or who want wealthy.

Erawan Elephant

Erawan Elephant is a god elephant with three faces. He is more powerful and larger than another elephant in heaven. This tattoo’s print is good for the governors who work with workers and good for travelers because it prevent from harmful.

Alligator (Jorakae Tain Kwad)

The symbolic of great Thai Buddhism culture is alligator’s flag (Gatint) If you want to be a conquer and receive a mercy from social, This tattoo’s print is good for achieve, mercy and lucky.