Free Will, No Gun To My Head...

It was just a vacation to meet an online girl....the girl did not work out but LOS stole my heart. Now I have quit my job of 16yrs, sold my home and all belongings except for my guitar and a bag of clothes as well as carrying 53 years of working out at the gym 5 days a week. I live in Southern Cali, playing the game of ownership with the corvette and Harley, beautiful blondes left and right, stressless job and a big home by the beach.I looked in the mirror and don't look hypnotized....

PLAN A: try to budget a life with ladies, beer and dancing on 79000 bht a month. Spend the first month in BKK and Pattaya to release the pent up longing for the excitement of Thai beauty... then off to discover the land as well as help out the Tsunami victims. The big picture though finds Chiang Mai during the rain season, Issan during the spring and Hua Hin during the heat. The problem lies with the housing prices that I am finding on the net are pricey. My Thai friend tells me that she can get great condo's or homes outside of town for 18000 bht but if I try to rent them it will be more like 33000. I was hoping to get some insite on how to avoid the scam and as I like to travel and would like to avoid any lease for more than 4 months and I do not want to obligate myself to my friend to rent places for me. Also I have been taking Thai lessons for the last 6 weeks, are there any schools that have like a 3 to six month Thai course to continue my studies?

Thanks in advance for any direction....

Any rental property you find on the net will be expensive.

Rentals will be higher in the touristy places.

In my home town you can rent a one room appartment with aircon and ubc for 3000 baht month.

In CM prices start from 5000baht month

For the life style you have hinted at you will not need any Harleys or 'vettes, just cash.

33k baht per month is way too much. You can find something <20k and nice in the Sukhumvit area of BKK no problem. Tough finding a lease for 4 months or less. Better a residence hotel.

Best of luck and enjoy! :o

Sounds like the beginning of a downward spiral. Many people come here with similar intentions and end up making the biggest mistake of their lives or become bored very quickly and leave.

If you want to come here and have fun then I would do it as carefully as possible. It's only after being here for years that you see how many traps lie awaiting for you...

Sounds like the beginning of a downward spiral. Many people come here with similar intentions and end up making the biggest mistake of their lives or become bored very quickly and leave.

If you want to come here and have fun then I would do it as carefully as possible. It's only after being here for years that you see how many traps lie awaiting for you...

It was just a vacation to meet an online girl....the girl did not work out but LOS stole my heart. Now I have quit my job of 16yrs, sold my home and all belongings except for my guitar and a bag of clothes as well as carrying 53 years of working out at the gym 5 days a week. I live in Southern Cali, playing the game of ownership with the corvette and Harley, beautiful blondes left and right, stressless job and a big home by the beach.I looked in the mirror and don't look hypnotized....

PLAN A: try to budget a life with ladies, beer and dancing on 79000 bht a month. Spend the first month in BKK and Pattaya to release the pent up longing for the excitement of Thai beauty... then off to discover the land as well as help out the Tsunami victims. The big picture though finds Chiang Mai during the rain season, Issan during the spring and Hua

if all the wonderfully empty headed california girls and your wonderfully shallow corvette / harley grey ponytail lifestyle couldnt make you happy , then what makes you think that thailand will be the place to capture the heart and mind ( :o ) of a guitar toting (dont tell me , it must be the blues you play ) muscle bound yank.

i'm sure all the ladies of bangkok and pattaya are moistening up at the thought of offering release to all your pent up excitement , and that if you really wanted to help the tsunami victims you would have arrived 5 months ago.

if you do make it here then please leave your obnoxious vanity back in the usa.

you are either bud zumwalt re incarnated or a troll.

i usually have patience and tolerance towards californian dreamers like yourself , but in your case i will make an exception.

welcome to thaivisa.

Edited by taxexile

PLAN A: try to budget a life with ladies, beer and dancing on 79000 bht a month. Spend the first month in BKK and Pattaya to release the pent up longing for the excitement of Thai beauty... then off to discover the land as well as help out the Tsunami victims. The big picture though finds Chiang Mai during the rain season, Issan during the spring and Hua

if all the wonderfully empty headed california girls and your wonderfully shallow corvette / harley grey ponytail lifestyle couldnt make you happy , then what makes you think that thailand will be the place to capture the heart and mind ( :o ) of a guitar toting (dont tell me , it must be the blues you play ) muscle bound yank.

i'm sure all the ladies of bangkok and pattaya are moistening up at the thought of offering release to all your pent up excitement , and that if you really wanted to help the tsunami victims you would have arrived 5 months ago.

if you do make it here then please leave your obnoxious vanity back in the usa.

you are either bud zumwalt re incarnated or a troll.

i usually have patience and tolerance towards californian dreamers like yourself , but in your case i will make an exception.

welcome to thaivisa.

You are obviously talking to the wrong Thai friend. I do know one guy who is paying 25,000 baht per month for a luxury condo on the beach in Pattaya. He can afford it and as we say here, "UP TO YOU". I know a lot more guys who are very happy here and live on less than 30,000 baht a month. Once you are here for a while you will burn out on the tourist mode and hopefully get into a real life. I now have more disposable income than I have ever had in my entire life. I'm by no means wealthy and couldn't afford to live very well in the USA but I live very well here in the Kingdom. I have two life styles here. One is living in a nice one bedroom condo in Jomtien. That life style costs me about 40,000 baht a month. The other and the one I prefer is living up country. To spend more than 20,000 baht a month up country I would have to splurge and make an effort to waste money. To live happily up country you will have to find the right girl otherwise you would be bored to death. It is definitely NOT for everyone. Living near a tourist area and being close to all things farang is the way I originally chose but things change.

...if all the wonderfully empty headed california girls and your wonderfully shallow corvette / harley grey ponytail lifestyle couldnt make you happy of offering release to all your pent up excitement , and that if you really wanted to help the tsunami victims you would have arrived 5 months ago.

Aren't you being a bit rough on him, Tax?

After all, maybe the ponytail is blond? "Just For Men" or "Grecian Formula"? :o

You guys are mean. :o

Rents in Bangkok get alot cheaper when you realize that Sukhumvit isn't the only street too. :D When you try to live in farungland, expect to pay farung prices.

cv

Hey tax give the guy a break! Didn't you have some sort of dream one time before the stark reality took over :D Besides if he'd come over 5 months ago he would have been a victim, not helped them :o

Harley you don't have to live in tourist areas and pay big bucks. Where I live you can rent a 2 bedroom bungalow for 3000 baht a month and it's only 30 minutes from Pattaya! If you've got an income of $2000 a month you can certainly enjoy yourself. Just don't write us posts about big bad Issan girls in a few months :D