Wp Cancellation

I originally had a contract through September 30, 2005 so that's the date on the visa in my passport. I choose to exercise the early termination provision in the contract and ended the contract on April 30.

I was told by another teacher in the same situation that the school already went to MOL and had the WP cancelled on May 4.

How long do I have to exit the country?

I originally had a contract through September 30, 2005 so that's the date on the visa in my passport.  I choose to exercise the early termination provision in the contract and ended the contract on April 30.

I was told by another teacher in the same situation that the school already went to MOL and had the WP cancelled on May 4.

Seven days from the cancellation of the WP :o

I originally had a contract through September 30, 2005 so that's the date on the visa in my passport.  I choose to exercise the early termination provision in the contract and ended the contract on April 30.

Hi BusEng,

According to the Visa laws, you have a DAY to leave LOS. You have to apply for an extension on your VISA. I had the same problem when I cancelled my WP and I did get a month's Visa extension with a letter from my new employer.

Hope you get your visa sorted.

Tas.

Edited by Tas

Hi BusEng,

According to the Visa laws, you have a DAY to leave LOS. You have to apply for an extension on your VISA. I had the same problem when I cancelled my WP and I did get a month's Visa extension with a letter from my new employer.

Hope you get your visa sorted.

Tas.

Interesting, an ex-collegue got a stamp stating he must leave by xxxxx which was seven days in the future. Obviously depends on how happy the immi. man is TiT.

I have always understood that if your visa is tied to your work permit then you need to leave within 7 days of your work permit being cancelled. However, I haven't ever really asked where this law is written. Is anyone able to cite the law in question? It does tend to make sense, but it would be good to see the actual law in question.

Cheers,

Bob