No Selling Of Alcohol From 2pm To 5pm

gotlost

What logical reason is there not to buy alcohol in the afternoon, and yet you can booze it up from supper time until 2AM in the early morning?

does there need to be a logical answer Ian, are you forgetting what country this is? :)

I know the police have been down the girly bars on Loi Kroh, but I spoke to the owers of The What bar and they hadn't recieved any notice about selling alcohol or been given any stickers to put op.

Have any of the other bar owners (Kevin) in CM any experience with this, is it just another effort to reform Loi Kroh or is it in all of CM?

I never get bothered by this sort of thing - the authorities don't seem to be concerned by what they see as a couple of restaurants in the night bazaar. Maybe, as you suggest, they don't want girls hanging around the street in the daytime, which is understandable, I suppose.

I know the police have been down the girly bars on Loi Kroh, but I spoke to the owers of The What bar and they hadn't recieved any notice about selling alcohol or been given any stickers to put op.

Have any of the other bar owners (Kevin) in CM any experience with this, is it just another effort to reform Loi Kroh or is it in all of CM?

I never get bothered by this sort of thing - the authorities don't seem to be concerned by what they see as a couple of restaurants in the night bazaar. Maybe, as you suggest, they don't want girls hanging around the street in the daytime, which is understandable, I suppose.

Maybe the bars that have been notified did not pay their T-Money. :)

didnt think they came to life till after 5pm :)

didnt think they came to life till after 5pm :D

It's rough working that swing and graveyard shift. :)

Yet another dumb law that achieves nothing.   I go out twice a day, on the school run.  Both times, not possible to buy beer.   Yes, the local mom & pop stores will sell, but unless you drink Chang "classic" or similar, the only other beers they sell out in the sticks tend to be well by their sell by date  :) .   The solution is to visit Makro & buy a couple of cases of preferred beer.   And, what happens when you have a couple of cases at hand?   You keep putting another beer in the freezer, rather than drinking the couple of bottles you intended to drink. So a law that was intended to curb alcoholism, is encouraging it!!  It's quite simple, everyone carries an ID, so make people buying booze, show it.  Not exactly rocket science.....  Ok, I understand this thread concerns applying the law to bars, but it's the same law for shops.

It's quite simple, everyone carries an ID, so make people buying booze, show it. Not exactly rocket science..... Ok, I understand this thread concerns applying the law to bars, but it's the same law for shops.

theres one problem with that......it makes sense :)