Phuket Air's operating licences suspended

Belfastboy

Would you fly with Phuket Air?  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, to answer some of your questions folks, Jet Fuel is not Paraffin as I am seeing here. Parrafine is a different composite of gas molecules, and not related to jet fuel in any way shape of form. It was this part that I wanted to avoid getting into, but never the less best I set you fellas on the right track.

Jet Fuel and Kerosene itself is basically the same. However Kerosene has some additional properties which causes smoke to billow out once it burns. Jet fuel on the other hand today has those properties removed, thus you not see the smoke. In fact it is my favorite for lantern oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tsk Tsk. I usually bring myself about a gallon of Jet Grade A fuel and it is just beautiful and not smoky either. Also Jet Grade A fuel itself is much cheaper than Kerosene!!!!!!!!!!! :D

As of the aircraft, has anyone seen the Maintenance hangar here in Bangkok International Airport, much less do you see such in any of the drawings of such on the new airport.

So, in reality, hehehehehehe, where are the repairs done at???????? :o

I will put it like this --------- hmmm, example the brakes and the repairs done by thai mechanics. Gawwwwwwwwwd help us all. I will leave it at that. Overall they are noisy as heck, and does anyone wanna know why?????????? :D

Hmmmm, example. I recently went to a Honda dealer, and had my brakes worked on, meaning pads replaced. After they got done, and I was on my way home, the brakes made a howling maddening noise it drove me nutty to butty.

Went back and they said give it time it will go away.

So recently I decided to do my own brake job work at home here. Upon my inspection, they added shims to the pads and altered the brake set up so bad, :D :D I shudder to think what would have happened had I gone to the mountains in my upcoming visa run. :D I simply tossed the unwanted parts over my back, cleaned up their mess and the grease that they put on the pads etc, and took out my disc brake quiet spray and applied it where it is supposed to be and reset everything back to normal specs. The result of my work was beautiful and no noise, and excellent braking (mind you which is needed here because of the horrible bike drivers) and definitely some peace of mind.

I have had many run in spats with the Thai bosses at the airport concerning their repair habits and methods. In fact some of them ought to be shot for what they are doing, and I told them sooner or later the FAA will catch you high and dry.

Sure enough, Phuket Air is just the tip of the Iceberg. I am just waiting for the Thai Airlines aircraft results once the American Mechanics get done checking it on American Soil. In Los Angeles, no one checks them except just the basic routine needs. Example, all Korean Aircraft is done at Incheon. All Japanese aircraft is done at Narita. All Cathay is done at Hong Kong, and all China Air is done at Bejing. But Thai aircraft???????? :D

American Airlines is done at Dallas-Ft Worth, Continental and Delta done at Atlanta, United is done in Denver and O'Hare, Northwest is done at Minneapolis, and Southwest is done at Phoenix.

Just to name a few.

Daveyo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this guy counts...

Original idea of the jet engine came from Rene Lovin (1908), but it was Henry Coanda who built the first model in 1909. A 40hp engine moved a turbine, which replaced the propeller. It was a complete failure. However, it did manage to get off the ground, but Coanda took fright when he saw flames steaming from the engine, the plane lost height and crashed.

Maybe Phuket air is using this design...or will.

:o

and then...

Serious work on the jet engine began in 1937. The Englishman Frank Whittle tried out a gas turbine, but it was the German Ernst Heinkel who made the engine a practical proposition with the first successful jet-powered flight in 1939. Experiments continued, and as is so often the case when new techniques are being pioneered, some were more successful than others.

I don't think anyone mentioned WHAT TYPE of JET ENGINE was invented??? :D

Pulse Jet : Simple, elementary and cheap. This was the first type of jet engine, used in the German V-1 missiles. It is not very efficient and today is rarely used.

Turbojet : The commonest type of Jet engine, and the first to use electricity. Heinkel's and Whittle's engines were of this type. The continuous combustion of fuel causes the volume of gas to increase, moving the turbines, which drive the compressors and develop the propulsive thrust.

Turbojet with afterburner : Resembles the previous type of engine, but combustion also takes place in a second chamber. Fuel is injected and burns using oxygen left over from the first combustion process. This gives a great increase of power, so this engine is used for high-speed aeroplanes.

Ram jet : This type of engine has no moving parts. It will function only at high speed and therefore needs some form of assisted take-off. At high speeds it is very efficient engine.

Turboprop (propeller turbine engine) : Energy from the turbine is transmitted by means of reduction gears to the propeller, which cannot exceed 3,000 revolutions per minute. Used for civil aviation.

Turbofan : Works in a similar way to other jet engines but with the addition of a fan or small propeller. Used by the great airlines of today because it is economical and low in noise.

For all of this, just for fun!

l8zr,

C

Well, to answer some of your questions folks, Jet Fuel is not Paraffin as I am seeing here.  Parrafine is a different composite of gas molecules, and not related to jet fuel in any way shape of form.  It was this part that I wanted to avoid getting into, but never the less best I set you fellas on the right track.

Jet Fuel and Kerosene itself is basically the same.  However Kerosene has some additional properties which causes smoke to billow out once it burns.  Jet fuel on the other hand today has those properties removed, thus you not see the smoke.  In fact it is my favorite for lantern oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tsk Tsk.  I usually bring myself about a gallon of Jet Grade A fuel and it is just beautiful and not smoky either.  Also Jet Grade A fuel itself is much cheaper than Kerosene!!!!!!!!!!! :D

As of the aircraft, has anyone seen the Maintenance hangar here in Bangkok International Airport, much less do you see such in any of the drawings of such on the new airport.

I will put it like this ---------  hmmm, example the brakes and the repairs done by thai mechanics.  Gawwwwwwwwwd help us all.  I will leave it at that.  Overall they are noisy as heck, and does anyone wanna know why?????????? :D

Hmmmm, example.  I recently went to a Honda dealer, and had my brakes worked on, meaning pads replaced.  After they got done, and I was on my way home, the brakes made a howling maddening noise it drove me nutty to butty.

So recently I decided to do my own brake job work at home here.  Upon my inspection, they added shims to the pads and altered the brake set up so bad, :D :D I shudder to think what would have happened had I gone to the mountains in my upcoming visa run.  :D  I simply tossed the unwanted parts over my back, cleaned up their mess and the grease that they put on the pads etc, and took out my disc brake quiet spray and applied it where it is supposed to be and reset everything back to normal specs.  The result of my work was beautiful and no noise, and excellent braking (mind you which is needed here because of the horrible bike drivers) and definitely some peace of mind.

I have had many run in spats with the Thai bosses at the airport concerning their repair habits and methods.  In fact some of them ought to be shot for what they are doing, and I told them sooner or later the FAA will catch you high and dry.

Sure enough, Phuket Air is just the tip of the Iceberg.  I am just waiting for the Thai Airlines aircraft results once the American Mechanics get done checking it on American Soil.  In Los Angeles, no one checks them except just the basic routine needs.  Example, all Korean Aircraft is done at Incheon.  All Japanese aircraft is done at Narita.  All Cathay is done at Hong Kong, and all China Air is done at Bejing.  But Thai aircraft???????? :D 

American Airlines is done at Dallas-Ft Worth, Continental and Delta done at Atlanta, United is done in Denver and O'Hare, Northwest is done at Minneapolis, and Southwest is done at Phoenix.

Just to name a few.

Daveyo

What are you on about? Kerosene is the American word for Paraffin........look it up in any dictionary; I did,and I didn't even need to. Also Aircraft Maintainance is not done like you suggest. I think Thai Air Majors (C & D checks ) are carried out in KL. Garuda majors are carried out at Lemwerder in Bremen Germany. Lufthansa Hamburg handles most of the Major Airbus servicing, while B.A. Cardiff covers 747's. A lot of 747 servicing is also carried out at I.A.I. in Tel-Aviv. I have worked for all of these firms at one time or another so I do know a little of what I talk about.

My history knowledge may be somewhat rusty, but I seem to remember that although Whittle came up with the jet engine (as did the German whose name escapes me), the first operational jet aircraft was the Messerschmidt 262. This went operational in 1944 and frightened the living daylights out of the Allied pilots because of its speed, until it became apparent that it was so fast that it couldn't easily engage other aircraft.

Anyway, I fly a TB9, which is a proper aeroplane with a fan at the front (and an engine smaller than the one in my car). Mind you, the weather in the UK is such that I get about 75 decent flying days per year.

As for Phuket Air, I was really looking forward to the direct flight between London Gatwick (easier for me than Heathrow) and Phuket. However, now I'll be happy with LHR-BKK.

The beneficial knock-on effect is that the lack of direct flights to Phuket keeps the Union Jack brigade a step removed. They are a blight on humanity and a massive embarrassment to those of us Brits who, whilst loving a drink and a good time, don't seem to find it necessary to publicly fight, vomit, shout and generally insult 1) their hosts; 2) Germans; 3) anyone England plays at football; and 4) anyone else not in categories 1-3.

A good pilot has nothing to do with a good carrier. I was more scared in the taxi, sometimes, than during the 12 (or so) flight from Europe, coming to BKK airport.

One taxi driver made an average of 160 kmh !!! and I felt safe! It's all about people focusing on their job! He brought me home in 20 minutes, doing quite a way. When the taxi lifted after the end of a bridge, i felt a little unsecure though ;-).

What I want to say is that if you give control to another person, you look at him (her) and if the person is focused, you know you might be alright at the end of the way.

Just like being passenger on a bike: some took me at 30 kmh and I was scared, others went at 230 and i felt fine...

How many comments will come now?

I try to use One Two Go (Orient Thai) airlines for internal flights as they always seem to use falang pilots, mostly yanks.

Having said that yank pilots seem to have killed quite a few of our own boys in the gulf..

Still I would feel happier with a yank than thai pilot.

One two go are cheap too, but the service is terrible,

Tally ho!

Wow, very interesting topic. A long time ago, before the 1975 oil crisis, I know that airlines used to dump fuel somewhat regularly. I was on several flights when the pilot announced they were making a swing out over the ocean to dump fuel--seemed like a waste and I have no idea why.

Too bad jets can't fly on BS. Some of us would make a lot of money.

Topic pretty much covered.

B747 fuel tanks have high level float switches that stop over filling. If they fail then the fuel goes through a vent sytem ( give head pressure to the tanks in flight) that leads to surge box. The excess fuel spills into these boxes and exits via an intake to atmosphere. It prevents the wing from damage due to the pressure of the fuel going in. When the vent surge box fills all power is cut off automatically so fuelling stops. However alot of fuel is expelled.

Overfill has happen to on two or three occasions, it happens to protect the palne from system failure.

Airlines I would not fly:

Korean - No CRM. :D

Pakistan - Aircraft look in poor state. :D

Indian - Same as Pakistan :D

Banglidesh - Same as Pakistan :D

Chinese - To many accidents :D

Russian- As above :D

African - As above :D

South American - As Above :D

American - Terrorsit targets, poor maintenance (that will upset some, but I ahve witnessed standards of some mechnics and the planes) and really old stewrdesses. :o

Even staring to worry about BA - Flew the pond with three engines with one shut down!!!!!!

Stick to European not including Greek and Turkish aircraft.

Why do I choose to fly four engined aircraft across the atlantic?

Because there are no 5 engined aircraft.

ETOPS - Engine Turn Or Passengers Swim

no offence meant...but, funny thing is...

I'm German, the jet engine was indeed invented in Germany during WWII and we call the plane fuel... kerosene  :o

:D Iknow it's not PC or for that matter totally patriotic but it is the winners who write the history!!right or wrong.(although this trueism does not seem to apply to Japan) :D:D

loved the topic, But ironicly, reading this topic (with great interest) looking at Discovery channel with the documantary "Air crash", realize that my wife is flying back to Amsterdam tonight.

Have a safe flight honey, c'u tomorrow

Pakistan - Aircraft look in poor state.

Every morning about 08-30 a 747 of PIA arrives at Manchester ( this plane is unique as it is full arriving and empty when departing) last year the plane was out of communication for about three hours.

They finally got a reply about 30 minutes before it landed according to PIA spokesperson this is normal.

How dare you suggest that the driver and his mate were asleep!

Topic pretty much covered. 

B747 fuel tanks have high level float switches that stop over filling.  If they fail then the fuel goes through a vent sytem ( give head pressure to the tanks in flight) that leads to surge box.  The excess fuel spills into these boxes and exits via an intake to atmosphere.  It prevents the wing from damage due to the pressure of the fuel going in.  When the vent surge box fills all power is cut off automatically so fuelling stops.  However alot of fuel is expelled.

Overfill has happen to on two or three occasions, it happens to protect the palne from system failure.

Airlines I would not fly:

Korean - No CRM. :D 

Pakistan - Aircraft look in poor state. :D

Indian - Same as Pakistan :D

Banglidesh - Same as Pakistan :D

Chinese - To many accidents :D

Russian- As above :D

African - As above :D

South American - As Above :D

American - Terrorsit targets, poor maintenance (that will upset some, but I ahve witnessed standards of some mechnics and the planes) and really old stewrdesses. :o

Even staring to worry about BA - Flew the pond with three engines with one shut down!!!!!!

Stick to European not including Greek and Turkish aircraft.

Why do I choose to fly four engined aircraft across the atlantic?

Because there are no 5 engined aircraft.

ETOPS - Engine Turn Or Passengers Swim

But just think; flying on the unsafest airline in the world,is still a thousand times more safe than riding in the taxi to the airport (in any country) A recent paper suggested that a person would have to fly every day for 44,000 years to tip the odds of being in an aircraft accident. Makes you think doesn't it. How many passengers on Concords ill-fated flight out of Paris would never have flown Aeroflot,because its too dangerous?

I try to use One Two Go (Orient Thai) airlines for internal flights as they always seem to use falang pilots, mostly yanks.

Having said that yank pilots seem to have killed quite a few of our own boys in the gulf..

Still I would feel happier with a yank than thai pilot.

One two go are cheap too, but the service is terrible,

Tally ho!

I'm a retired airline pilot, and my favorite airline is Thai, I don't think farang pilots are any better than Thai, and I like the service on Thai, the smiles and the food,

rather than flying SAS being served by a group of grandmothers. :o

I try to use One Two Go (Orient Thai) airlines for internal flights

I've never flown with Phuket Air, so I can't comment but I can well imagine what they are like because I have flown with One Two Go from Bangkok to Phuket.

They are also a fleet of ancient 747's. The planes are so old that they still have ashtrays and plug-ins for the old style tube headphones. Furthermore they came from some fleet that still allow smoking, and the cabin smells really bad.

After that trip, I told myself that I wasn't flying with them anymore and would try Phuket Air next time! Fortunately- there were no convenient flights and I flew Thai on my last trip.

Edited by bino

For Info Thai Airways holds as well as the Thai Aviation Approvals, a FAA(Federal Aviaiton Authority) Repair Station approval as well as a EASA or what used to be JAR(Joint Aviation Authorities) approval,so if Thai Airways can pass regular inspections by the Amercans as well as the Europeans I am happy to fly on them,all foreign carriers operating into Europe and the USA have random safety audits done on them by the regulatory authority and any shortcomings are passed to the airline/home authority and if its serious then the aircraft is grounded.

Aviation fuel is commonly called JETA1 and if you look carefully while bored waiting for yr flight,you will find it stenciled on the refuelling trucks in large black letters. :o

I try to use One Two Go (Orient Thai) airlines for internal flights

I've never flown with Phuket Air, so I can't comment but I can well imagine what they are like because I have flown with One Two Go from Bangkok to Phuket.

They are also a fleet of ancient 747's. The planes are so old that they still have ashtrays and plug-ins for the old style tube headphones. Furthermore they came from some fleet that still allow smoking, and the cabin smells really bad.

After that trip, I told myself that I wasn't flying with them anymore and would try Phuket Air next time! Fortunately- there were no convenient flights and I flew Thai on my last trip.

I'm German, the jet engine was indeed invented in Germany during WWII and we call the plane fuel... kerosene  :o

I think that you'll find that Sir Frank Whittle beat your Hans Von Ohain to it. They were both working on the same thing, but Frank Whittle beat Von Ohain to both bench test a working model and also to patent the invention. The internal works from the German were slightly different and his engine was also patented. But Whittle's prototype engine is the basis of the majority of British and American modern aircraft engines.

Von Ohain might have been the first to get his in the air, but that doesn't alter the fact that Whittle invented, tested and patented his engine first.

http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/bljetengine.htm

I think that you'll find that Sir Frank Whittle beat your Hans Von Ohain to it. They were both working on the same thing, but Frank Whittle beat Von Ohain to both bench test a working model and also to patent the invention. The internal works from the German were slightly different and his engine was also patented. But Whittle's prototype engine is the basis of the majority of British and American modern aircraft engines.

Von Ohain might have been the first to get his in the air, but that doesn't alter the fact that Whittle invented, tested and patented his engine first.

http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/bljetengine.htm

This is correct... and he did it all just down the road from where I live at the moment...

totster :D

Just to add my two pennys worth to the Phuket air issue

i have travelled with phuket air 5 times now since last july with no problems until january of this year when after arrivingat gatwick was told there would be a 25 hour delay and we got put up inn a local hotel- not best pleased but one of those things - technical problems ets

So a day late into Bkk and waiting in the airport lounge bar for my connecting flight to buriram- also with phuket air on a Ys-11-now that is a scary plane but thats another story.

anyway i got chatting to a fellow brit as you do who was waiting for a connection to phuket as he had been to see his daughters off and do some embassy business re his thai wifes visa. his daughters were on the phuket air flight that lee must have mentioned where the engines caught fire on take off. Boy did i have twitchy bottom time after that.

Also the inflight entertainment was abysmal with the headphones not working for half the plane- not brilliant on an 11 hour flight.

the most annoying thing was after writitng a polite letter letter of complaint i received...... yes you guessed absolutly no reply whatsoever.

cosidering this day and age of consumerism that was the worst aspect that they couldnt even reply to a civil letter.

i since returned to bkk but with eva air- the planes aint that much better than phukets and the air hostesses had one of the worst attitudes i have ever seen.

the big plus of course with phuket air is the fares-- in october and even december i picked up a return fare from gatwick for £302.60.

as the old saying goes you pays your monies and take your chance

753910.jpg

Phuket Air operates some old Nippon Air NAMC YS-11A prop jobs. Those are okay for the short-haul flights.

798589.jpg

They've got a 757, too, that surely must be better than those old 747-100's they are struggling to keep airworthy.

827106.jpg

It's interesting to check out airliners.net and other plane-spotter websites and track the history of these old aircraft.

Well, to answer some of your questions folks, Jet Fuel is not Paraffin as I am seeing here.  Parrafine is a different composite of gas molecules, and not related to jet fuel in any way shape of form.  It was this part that I wanted to avoid getting into, but never the less best I set you fellas on the right track.

Jet Fuel and Kerosene itself is basically the same.  However Kerosene has some additional properties which causes smoke to billow out once it burns.  Jet fuel on the other hand today has those properties removed, thus you not see the smoke.  In fact it is my favorite for lantern oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Tsk Tsk.  I usually bring myself about a gallon of Jet Grade A fuel and it is just beautiful and not smoky either.  Also Jet Grade A fuel itself is much cheaper than Kerosene!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I will put it like this ---------   hmmm, example the brakes and the repairs done by thai mechanics.   Gawwwwwwwwwd help us all.  I will leave it at that.   Overall they are noisy as heck, and does anyone wanna know why?????????? :D

Hmmmm, example.  I recently went to a Honda dealer, and had my brakes worked on, meaning pads replaced.   After they got done, and I was on my way home, the brakes made a howling maddening noise it drove me nutty to butty.

So recently I decided to do my own brake job work at home here.   Upon my inspection, they added shims to the pads and altered the brake set up so bad, :D :D I shudder to think what would have happened had I gone to the mountains in my upcoming visa run.  :D   I simply tossed the unwanted parts over my back, cleaned up their mess and the grease that they put on the pads etc, and took out my disc brake quiet spray and applied it where it is supposed to be and reset everything back to normal specs.  The result of my work was beautiful and no noise, and excellent braking (mind you which is needed here because of the horrible bike drivers) and definitely some peace of mind.

I have had many run in spats with the Thai bosses at the airport concerning their repair habits and methods.  In fact some of them ought to be shot for what they are doing, and I told them sooner or later the FAA will catch you high and dry.

Sure enough, Phuket Air is just the tip of the Iceberg.  I am just waiting for the Thai Airlines aircraft results once the American Mechanics get done checking it on American Soil.  In Los Angeles, no one checks them except just the basic routine needs.  Example, all Korean Aircraft is done at Incheon.  All Japanese aircraft is done at Narita.   All Cathay is done at Hong Kong, and all China Air is done at Bejing.  But Thai aircraft???????? :D 

Just to name a few.

Daveyo

What are you on about? Kerosene is the American word for Paraffin........look it up in any dictionary; I did,and I didn't even need to. Also Aircraft Maintainance is not done like you suggest. I think Thai Air Majors (C & D checks ) are carried out in KL. Garuda majors are carried out at Lemwerder in Bremen Germany. Lufthansa Hamburg handles most of the Major Airbus servicing, while B.A. Cardiff covers 747's. A lot of 747 servicing is also carried out at I.A.I. in Tel-Aviv. I have worked for all of these firms at one time or another so I do know a little of what I talk about.

I disagree with you my friend. Kerosene cannot be paraffin, because of the different properties of composition needed to make such. If you don't believe me, read up on it in the refinery processes and you will be enriched indeed.

Paraffin is a wax like substance. Imagine putting wax into Jet A fuel. Yikes.

Those fuel trucks will have a biffy of a time pumping the fuel since those filters will be picking up all that wax before long, and such will contaminate the injectors, a sure fire way kill to the poor engine no doubt, besides picking up pieces of rubber hose that break off and is trapped in those filters.

Jet A Fuel is totally all on its own my friend. Kerosene is the other one- by product very closely related to Jet A Fuel. In fact let me put it this way, Kerosene is a bit heavier than Jet A. Weigh it and you will find that out. Also why does Kerosene smoke and Jet A does not???????

Then you should know Aircraft Maintenance is done based on the number of take offs and landings along with the number of hours whichever comes first.

Example you can have a heap of take offs and landings if the plane does a lot of regional stops within the country. On International flights we watch the hours along with the take off and landing which of course is much smaller. The real reason this is done is because of the immense stress those planes take due to atmospheric changes and loads. Believe me the planes take a beating.

Just to let you folks know, when we do the cleaners on the plane, meaning doing the X-Ray on the engines and aircraft itself, it costs a cool 60,000 USA dollars per event.!!!!!!!!!!!! Very expensive indeed. A computer alone that moves the loading containers costs 22,000 usa dollars each and it has two of them on it.

Aircraft equipment is indeed very expensive.

That is why they have a roller derby of many accidents between the baggage trucks and the other vehicles nearby. Whew :D

Daveyo

A scary thought flying blind for 3 hours. I can imagine the pilot and co-pilot having a holy shito of a sweat, and really watching the AACS closely. In any rate all pilots do carry for the most part on board their hand held radios for such emergency and they can still communicate with other aircraft or the traffic control provided their batterys are functioning.

If they couldn't say a peep to anyone, you can bet air traffic control cleared the way as they have a flight plan on file and got everyone definitely outta sight or range.

Also about that plane that crashed because it ran out of fuel, I remember that flight going to either New York or New Jersey. Blip I forgot the destination, but anyhow, that crash was caused by numerous air traffic control mess ups and lack of communication. There was a storm that evening, and also the plane was not made aware of the severe wind shear warning on approach.

In any rate, the proceedures were changed to give priority to any aircraft running low on fuel or having any serious problems at any time, and to get them down first if they request or make such notification.

It happened many times at O'Hare. The planes would land and run out of fuel literally at the end of the runway!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heave ho the pushback trucks were called and towed that baby to the gate. After seeing so much of it, going on, it is really scary that they are pushing the planes to the limits. Most of these aircraft were the regional jets, and some MD 80-90's. Also you should have seen the faces of the pilots which I have as they passed on by me, and they were definitely embarrased to boot.

Example- a flight from O'hare to San Diego, will put the plane at full topped out of fuel on a MD-90 jet or 737. By the time it lands at San Diego, it might have maybe only about 149 gallons or less of fuel in the tanks. Under FAA terms that means this plane is empty of fuel period.

Daveyo

Edited by DaveYo

Malaysia Airlines has agreed to provide weekly reports of fuel levels in its planes arriving in Britain after allegations that it breached international safety rules.

The agreement was reached at a top-level meeting between the airline and Department of Transport officials.

Earlier this week, it was alleged that a Far Eastern Boeing 747 arrived at London's Heathrow Airport with two empty fuel tanks.

In a report, ground handling agents said it was not the first time that the unnamed carrier had allegedly landed with low fuel levels, contravening international aviation rules.

Malaysia, which denied that its aircraft had broken any fuel regulations, promised to present its records to officials.

So even the bigger airlines can break the rules to save money.

:D

i thought that aircraft fuel was referred to as avgas ???

if im wrong then please excuse me as i know nothing about aircrafts. :o

regards.

soki.

AVGAS is the military word for Aviation Gasoline ie. Petrol

AVTUR is the same for modern jet fuels.

And Dave Yo. It is quite likely that American paraffin is something else. After all a lot of words in your so called 'English' are completely different from the true English version.

in fact my dictioary says;

Paraffin (american; Kerosene)

Paraffin Wax (american; Paraffin)

In English if you threw a cig in the fire you could say ' I tossed my fag over the fender'

What would that translate to in your version of English?

Mr. Lampard,

In English if you threw a cig in the fire you could say ' I tossed my fag over the fender'

What would that translate to in your version of English?

Now I think we are talking SLANG... But "English" and "True English" still use the same modern English, and most importantly, "Technical English" is all the same.

I think there is SLANG, Old English, Old American English VS Modern English.

And from my vocabulary, I always have known Parrafin as "wax" and "kerosene" as kerosene.

But I am not a jet pilot, I only offer my words, according to the English Language, not the Pilot jargon...

:o:D :D my 2 cents

C