Could U Explain Why U Closed That Topic Skeleton?

KIFKIF

Was kind of odd - there was only one negative post and that was the OP's. The rest were basically from people recommending shops. Ah, well - if you are renting a bike, give it a good going over first, pull out the camera, document any damage. If its a dodgy shop they will most likely cancel the rental right then.

FYI Rule #21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

KIFKIF, better to PM the mod you are having issue with. Believe me, been there done that. This thread will likely be closed, your comments deleted, or the thread deleted entirely.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

I heard horror stories of Pattaya based bike rental operations. From theft to blackmail, the spectrum was both wide and shocking. Maybe the Tourist Police should maintain a database? When the same con is repeated, there might be a crack down?

SIXT rent a car once wanted to charge me about THB 20,000 (in Germany) for some damage I hadn't done. They had 4 guys check the car and what they later claimed would be spotted in 5 seconds by a single employee. So - this is not a Thai invention.

Hope the Thought Police will let us discuss what's on our minds.