Does Anyone Want Any Usa Gear (alpinestars)?

submaniac

So they can bring back some things if people want (and I can get rid of my excess).

Alpinestars stage perforated leather jacket? Black. I wanted to get the A* MX1, and would want to get rid of the stage if I did get it. Any interest?

Anyone want anything else?

Very kind of you to offer Sub! :)

I hate to impose, but if they have some room in their suitcase for some EBC brake pads and a 520 chain for my Ninja 650R that would save me the hassle and expense of having them mailed from the US to Thailand.

Thanks again- Happy Trails!

Tony

Tony. Why dont you get the pads from the ebc dealer on gt riders. Why change the chain?

Cheers Allan, totally forgot about the EBC dealer over at GT Rider- will ask for a quote. (Can get 'em really cheap in the US though).

I don't know why, but the chains on my ER6n and Ninja 650R have been terrible. Only 14,000km and already the chain on my Ninja is shot- it's stretched almost to the replacement markers, is all kinked and sounds 'hollow' like all the grease in the chain is gone, even though the o-rings still look ok...

I'm pretty conscientious about cleaning and oiling the chains on all my bikes. I don't know if Kawasaki is using cheap chains or if I'm just riding the bikes too hard or if the Thai climate is just really hard on chains, but on my Ninja 250R and my bikes in the US and Japan I never encountered this issue. I put over 50,000 miles on the chain on my old CBR600!

Is it possible that cruising along at high speed for long distances is 'cooking' the chain? We rode Bangkok to Nan in 6 and a half hours yesterday :) (including gas and lunch stops) Perhaps at high speeds and high temperatures the grease that is supposed to be sealed in the chain by the o-rings manages to escape?

Anyway- I'm definitely in need of a new chain! Hope mine will put up with a few more days of abuse.

Greets from Nan!

Tony

ScubaNinja, what kind of boots you looking for? Alpinestars? Sidi's? Or traditional Harley Style? and what size? Wish you had sent me a message about 3 weeks ago. I actually had Sidi Air Strada boots in BKK. I ended up selling the pair I had in the states to my neighbor, and asked them to bring back for me. Let me know what size/style/manufacturer you are looking for. I can scour on craigslist for something.

For the guys that wanted SMALL stuff brought in. You can order it, pay for it by credit card, and have it sent to my address. For the SMALL stuff I can have them bring it in. However, you will need to PICK it up yourself in Thonburi. Once again YOU NEED TO PICK UP IN THONBURI. I will do a favor for my boys on this site, but I don't want to make my family deal with postage and stuff.

For rotors, disks, chains, etc. I am a little hesitant for that because it's gonna take up alot of space on luggage in the plane, and I have a fear that U.S. security will think they are bomb making parts. If you absolutely need parts from the USA, if you pay for them, and send me money for postage, I will mail them into Thailand.

I was primarily thinking of gear that you guys cannot get in Thailand. Like A*, Dainese, gloves, etc. If you let me know what you are looking for I can probably snag some slightly used gear off of craigslist, and have it brought over. Right now I have an Alpinestars Stage Jacket, and an Icon helmet used by me for about a year, never dropped, great shape (selling only because I bought a Shoei).

Edited by submaniac

ScubaNinja, what kind of boots you looking for? Alpinestars? Sidi's? Or traditional Harley Style? and what size? Wish you had sent me a message about 3 weeks ago. I actually had Sidi Air Strada boots in BKK. I ended up selling the pair I had in the states to my neighbor, and asked them to bring back for me. Let me know what size/style/manufacturer you are looking for. I can scour on craigslist for something.

For the guys that wanted SMALL stuff brought in. You can order it, pay for it by credit card, and have it sent to my address. For the SMALL stuff I can have them bring it in. However, you will need to PICK it up yourself in Thonburi. Once again YOU NEED TO PICK UP IN THONBURI. I will do a favor for my boys on this site, but I don't want to make my family deal with postage and stuff.

For rotors, disks, chains, etc. I am a little hesitant for that because it's gonna take up alot of space on luggage in the plane, and I have a fear that U.S. security will think they are bomb making parts. If you absolutely need parts from the USA, if you pay for them, and send me money for postage, I will mail them into Thailand.

I was primarily thinking of gear that you guys cannot get in Thailand. Like A*, Dainese, gloves, etc. If you let me know what you are looking for I can probably snag some slightly used gear off of craigslist, and have it brought over. Right now I have an Alpinestars Stage Jacket, and an Icon helmet used by me for about a year, never dropped, great shape (selling only because I bought a Shoei).

Thanks SM. Whats your home town? I will look at craigslist and let you know.

SB

Thanks SM. Whats your home town? I will look at craigslist and let you know.

SB

Orange County, Los Angeles, Inland Empire in California. Look around those. There are some Alpinestars race boots out there.

I have Alpinestars Stage Jacket, size 42/44/46. This is the PERFORATED leather Jacket (good for Thailand) with removable liner. Sell for $175.

Joe Rocket Gloves, Size Large near new (used a 5 times on my bike). $30

Icon "Skull" helmet. DOT and Snell rated. Never dropped or damaged. Just got a Shoei. $75.

post-50124-1266224827_thumb.jpg

Edited by submaniac