In Nongkai What Is A Cheap, Simple But Clean Hotel Near The Lotus / Trainstation ?

ManilaLover

Hotel for 200 baht ? Sorry, I do not want to be rude towards you, but you can not mean this question.

Those times have gone. You can find a guesthouse (not a hotel) for that money at the soi Rimkhong with lots of short time things and noise. Drunks all time of the day. No good doors and windows, your stuff not safe. Better count on at least 400 to 500 baht per day excluding breakfast.

Next to Lotus is the Tip Hotel. I have never been there. Ask them. In the soi Rimkhong there are some places with low rates, at the river-side, not the town-side. In Thanon Bantungtjit is a cheap hotel too but you share this with ladies who, let's be polite, have the oldest job in the world, as they say.....

Tuktuk trainstation to town 40 b but they will try to charge you more. In town tuktuk between 20 and 40 baht. To remote places up to 100 baht.

Good luck.

Hotel for 200 baht ? Sorry, I do not want to be rude towards you, but you can not mean this question.

Those times have gone. You can find a guesthouse (not a hotel) for that money at the soi Rimkhong with lots of short time things and noise. Drunks all time of the day. No good doors and windows, your stuff not safe. Better count on at least 400 to 500 baht per day excluding breakfast.

Next to Lotus is the Tip Hotel. I have never been there. Ask them. In the soi Rimkhong there are some places with low rates, at the river-side, not the town-side. In Thanon Bantungtjit is a cheap hotel too but you share this with ladies who, let's be polite, have the oldest job in the world, as they say.....

Tuktuk trainstation to town 40 b but they will try to charge you more. In town tuktuk between 20 and 40 baht. To remote places up to 100 baht.

Good luck.

Are you sure ? the Nongkai information websites mentions various hotels from 80, 150, 200b. Just I like to hear which one is recommended by a local. I don't care if there are hookers living too, if it's just clean, no bedbugs and friendly staff it's fine for me. I dislike spending money on sleeping as I can sleep everywhere, and usually the more simple the more cosy and adventurous. Nothing more boring then those pretentious 4 and 5 stars.

capture1094.png

Edited by ManilaLover

WOW!! How old were you in 65?? I am proud to say I am well over 60 and loving it.. Thailand is AWESOME for camping.. When I was a mere lad of 20 working for the JHExperiance group of wackos and while traveling the music trails in Southern Germany, Spain and Italy.. I never would want to sleep in cardboard.. 4 star and 5 star are AWESOME back then there as they are today here in Thailand and most are real cheap compared to the west.. I remember paying $200 a night in NYC and getting what I call average here.

Hey, what the chuck.. bring a sleeping bag and crash under the stars.. The weather is great enough and forget that overpass you can find all sorts of good camping here. You have plenty of trees to water on and just bring a bucket and a few bottles of water.. they had less that in the Nam in 65.. Camping is all around here.. Backpackers do it all the time.

Being near Tesco means a toilet and sink to shower in if you don't mind the lady doing the cleaning up after you..

Have fun Thailand is amazing... just spend all that money of the finer thangs and not on yourself.. remember you only have yourself to remember..

I think the information from the internet is out of date. I live here for 8 years now and do not know a hotel for 80 b/n, not even a guesthouse. I have seen today, I passed in that street, a room for 250 b/n with a fan. I think it is the Rimkhong guesthouse. But that guesthouse ..... up to you, look yourself. May be, may be, at the far eastern side of the Rimkhong road you could find a shabby place with lots of mosquitos and unsafe doors and windows. Or a guesthouse in the middle of nowhere and than your tuktuk expenses might exceed the roomrate.

It's up to you that you don't mind who is staying there too. Well, I do and only lived in safe places, and quiet too. I have a house now.

But, I see all those places have telephone. Why not call them once you are in Thailand ?

I can not help you with the information you ask. I do not know places with the rate you can, or want to, pay.

Good luck.

Found this.

http://www.mutmee.com/010050_prices_and_booking.htm

150 baht for a room without bathroom and breakfast. Actual information. Heart of town. Close to shops and markets and banks. And, it is a good and well known place to be. In a small street behind the city hospital at Thanon Meechai. Bicycle and motorcycle rent in the street. Small restaurant. Massage and yoga in the soi. Ask a tuktuk driver, they know the place. Good luck.

Found this.

http://www.mutmee.com/010050_prices_and_booking.htm

150 baht for a room without bathroom and breakfast. Actual information. Heart of town. Close to shops and markets and banks. And, it is a good and well known place to be. In a small street behind the city hospital at Thanon Meechai. Bicycle and motorcycle rent in the street. Small restaurant. Massage and yoga in the soi. Ask a tuktuk driver, they know the place. Good luck.

Good one, I'm gonna check that one next week, many thanks ! :-)

If you don't like the room, you'll love the location, food and ambience.

I'd never stay there again but I'd go back for the above.

Nice people run it & stay there. :D

------

Look for the tuk-tuk driver with a brand new rig who waits outside Mutt Mee, 50 bt to the border.

edit: I almost forgot... take plenty of mosquito repellent with you :) you will be 20m from the Mekong river.

Edited by GungaDin