Dog Transport

leonn

Hi from what I am reading you can't take a 3 month old to europe.

Website explaining quickly the procedure :

http://www.samuidog.org/dogtransport.htm

European procedure :

http://ec.europa.eu/food/animal/liveanimal...mm_third_en.htm

To sum up from what i understand right now :

1) get your dog / cat

2) microchip him and vaccine him against rabbies

3) wait 1 month

4) get a vet take blood from the dog / cat and fill the form the laboratory will send you after sending them an email, send the serum and document by fedex (around 2k bahts) to a laboratory accredited by EU with document and a payment (84 euros from what the closest one tells me).

5) Get the result by post from laboratory.

6) Get the vet to sign http://ec.europa.eu/food/animal/liveanimal...o10767r4_en.pdf Wait 3 months before the cat / dog can travel.

7) You have 1 month before the previous document will expire, and to travel to europe

8) Buy a cage for your dog/ cat according to IATA regulation

9) Get your ticket to europe and notify about your pet, notify 48h before taking off that you ll have a dog /cat

10) Pay the extra cost for your dog / cat + cage (per kg)

I think that s the procedure.

THIS IS VERY TRUE..

Website explaining quickly the procedure :

http://www.samuidog.org/dogtransport.htm

THANKS FOR POSTING THAT...I WILL GO READ IT AFTER I POST WHAT I KNOW NOW..

European procedure :

http://ec.europa.eu/food/animal/liveanimal...mm_third_en.htm

To sum up from what i understand right now :

1) get your dog / cat

2) microchip him and vaccine him against rabbies

BY LAW THE SAID ANIMAL MUST BE 3 MONTHS (90 days) OLD WHEN YOU GIVE THE RABIES VACCINE

3) wait 1 month

THIS IS ALSO TRUE...120 days

4) get a vet take blood from the dog / cat and fill the form the laboratory will send you after sending them an email, send the serum and document by fedex (around 2k bahts) to a laboratory accredited by EU with document and a payment (84 euros from what the closest one tells me).

THIS IS ALSO VERY TRUE..

5) Get the result by post from laboratory.

TAKES ABOUT TWO WEEKS...so they told me..I am doing for a man in Poland now..I sent my blood sample by Thai post and that cost was 999 baht opposed to FEDX 2000 baht

6) Get the vet to sign http://ec.europa.eu/food/animal/liveanimal...o10767r4_en.pdf Wait 3 months before the cat / dog can travel.

THIS IS TRUE..

7) You have 1 month before the previous document will expire, and to travel to europe

SORRY.. I WAS TOLD I HAD TO WAIT WITH THE SAID ANIMAL 90 more days before I can ship that said animal...

8) Buy a cage for your dog/ cat according to IATA regulation

THE ANIMAL MUST BE ABLE TO STAND ERECT IN THE CAGE AND HAVE ROOM TO TURN AROUND. THE FLIGHT IS VERY LONG AND THE WAIT TIME ON THE GROUND IS LONG...

9) Get your ticket to europe and notify about your pet, notify 48h before taking off that you ll have a dog /cat

TRUE

10) Pay the extra cost for your dog / cat + cage (per kg)

NORMALLY IT IS THE COST OF TWO EXCESS BAGS FOR A LIVE ANIMAL..

I think that s the procedure.

IT IS 100% EXCEPT IF YOU ARE SHIPPING THAT SAID ANIMAL THERE IS A 90 DAY WAITING PERIOD AFTER THE BLOOD HAS BEEN TESTED.. I AM NOT SURE ABOUT IF YOU ARE ON THE SAME PLANE.. I THINK YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT 90 MORE DAYS FOR SURE.. IT IS BECAUSE IF ANY SAID ANIMAL HAS RABIES IT WILL SHOW UP DURING THOSE 90 DAYS.

THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD. I HAVE DONE THIS ABOUT 10 TIMES OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS AND IT HAS NOT CHANGED.

NOW, IF YOU HAVE A WAY TO FLY TO THE USA FIRST.. THEN GO GET A LOCAL VET TO GIVE YOU A NEW HEALTH CERTIFICATE.. YOU JUST FLY IN WITHOUT ANY WAITING AS YOU TELL THEM THE DOG CAME FROM AMERICA.. NO WAIT THAT WAY.. IT IS A "BACKDOOR" WAY TO DO IT AND YOU CAN DO IT AS EARLY AS 8 WEEKS.. NO WAITING..BUT NO MENTION OF THE WORD THAILAND SHOULD BE SAID... YOU JUST NEED TO CHECK OUT THE RULES FROM THE USA...

Edited by bina
font sizes

If you are going to buy a Thai Bangkaew Dog (TBD).. You really should contact a Thai breeder in Central Thailand named Khun Jitti.. He has the very best and is the same guy who sold me my TBD in 2000 and she was the very first Bangkaew to enter the USA then. Now, there are several in Texas because of this man. He has really nice dogs. and not nasty one like they mostly are. This Bangkaew are sometimes really nasty critters and you should know where any TBD is coming from... NEVER buy one from a market stall as your nightmare will kick in at about the 6th month.. I have 3 of them and mine are all very friendly with people because of the way I raise dogs. This breed is much more difficult than a LUNG AHN.. (TRD)

You can private email me for his phone number if you want. I have shipped lots of dogs all over the world..

Depending on which country you are travelling with the puppy regulations vary so it is best to look into the website on your home country under Agriculture and Veterinary Department to enquire of their rulings.

I would recommend that you contact a very good agent that I have used myself here several times and they will be able to assist you in everything including what paperwork, shots etc. you will require. They are - Sky Trade Services, based at the airport and you could find them on the Search Engine of your computer.

They do not charge a lot of money and they take all the worry off your shoulders and the dog will be correctly shipped.

IT IS 100% EXCEPT IF YOU ARE SHIPPING THAT SAID ANIMAL THERE IS A 90 DAY WAITING PERIOD AFTER THE BLOOD HAS BEEN TESTED.. I AM NOT SURE ABOUT IF YOU ARE ON THE SAME PLANE.. I THINK YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT 90 MORE DAYS FOR SURE.. IT IS BECAUSE IF ANY SAID ANIMAL HAS RABIES IT WILL SHOW UP DURING THOSE 90 DAYS.

THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD. I HAVE DONE THIS ABOUT 10 TIMES OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS AND IT HAS NOT CHANGED.

NOW, IF YOU HAVE A WAY TO FLY TO THE USA FIRST.. THEN GO GET A LOCAL VET TO GIVE YOU A NEW HEALTH CERTIFICATE.. YOU JUST FLY IN WITHOUT ANY WAITING AS YOU TELL THEM THE DOG CAME FROM AMERICA.. NO WAIT THAT WAY.. IT IS A "BACKDOOR" WAY TO DO IT AND YOU CAN DO IT AS EARLY AS 8 WEEKS.. NO WAITING..BUT NO MENTION OF THE WORD THAILAND SHOULD BE SAID... YOU JUST NEED TO CHECK OUT THE RULES FROM THE USA...

I have been told by someone that 72h prior flying you need to visit the airport vet to get an export certificate that will be required the day you take off.

You are right about the 90 days i mentioned it, in the point 6. What I tried to say is that :

- 1st january you vaccine your pet

- 1st february you send blood sample

- 15 february you receive the result of blood

- 15 may you can travel to Europe

- 15 june your paper is expired you need to make a new one.

The blood sample analysis expire 4 months after you obtained the result or at the expire date of the vaccine, which either is earlier.

By the way which laboratory you are using in europe and how much did it cost you ? How do you pack the serum ? :/

Thanks.