3rd Visit To Canada

Bit of advice needed here. Am planning to take the fam back to Canada for a summer visit. This will be my husband's (he's thai) 3rd visit to Canada, but the first once since we've been married. Both other times we applied for his visa, we went to the embassy in BKK to drop off his passport and have an interview (on the advice of the thai woman in the consulate in chiang mai). This time I'd really rather not go all the way there. We live up north, and it's so much easier to apply through the consulate in Chiang Mai.

What do you think - with 2 previous tourist visas for Canada as well as a work permit and visa for New Zealand (we lived there in 2003) in his passport, do we really need to drag ourselves down to Bangkok? I've got a steady job here and a contract that is good until August 2006. He's got his own (small) company. Our oldest son is registered in kindergarten here. We'll be staying with my family, so won't need much money at all, but my salary will still be coming in while we're in Canada so we won't be broke ....

words of wisdom from you guys would do me a lot of good. I'm pretty confident, but then I generally see the good side of everything anyway.

Thanks