Football Reporters Chiang Mai

lsk

Thought this might be of interest to someone..

"Description: The online sports data provider, Real Time Sportscast (RTS) is looking for reporters to attend Thai Premier League and other domestic/international soccer matches to give live updates (in English) for the duration of games."

"Qualifications: The successful candidates will be professional and reliable, live within 1 hour of their local stadium and be available to cover all home matches.* This position is only available to those who are currently based in Thailand!

* Complete knowledge of the rules of soccer required.

* High standard of spoken English essential."

Currently advertised on "jobsabroad"

Very interesting.... Although Chiangmai don't play in the Thai Premier league to my knowledge.

No your right they are in divison 2 north. They have got a big game coming up this weekend at the 700 year stadium against Chiang Rai

Edited by thaimiller

Chiang Mai against Chiang Rai....that could be needle match I guess: Celtic v Rangers, Liverpool v Everton, Hawthorn v Collingwood, ali v Frazier: there can be few grudge matches greater than the 2 Northern Giants facing each other!!!

You missed Rotherham Vs Donny Rovers :):D:D

Very interesting.... Although Chiangmai don't play in the Thai Premier league to my knowledge.

No your right they are in divison 2 north. They have got a big game coming up this weekend at the 700 year stadium against Chiang Rai

Should be a real humdinger :) if local derbies in England are anything to go by.

I will be attending my first Chiang Mai game, lets hope theres not a repeat of the events In Bangkok at the weekend as i'm getting a bit old for all that fighting lark :D .

Is there a contingment of farangs that go to the games ?

Will i be allowed to sing my favourite Chiang mai songs ?

Alfie

How can you not include Arsenal against the tiny totts of totteringham in that list?

I went to a Chiang Mai vs Chiang Rai Muay Thai match once at the ring behind the old True Blue at Thae Pae gate.

It was Under-18's down to U-14's and bloody hel_l did they ever kick the shit out of each other. Blood flying everywhere.

So the football should be a real laugh.

If some of you are going, let's read your interview pieces for the job by writing a match report on this thread! :)

Thought this might be of interest to someone..

"Description: The online sports data provider, Real Time Sportscast (RTS) is looking for reporters to attend Thai Premier League and other domestic/international soccer matches to give live updates (in English) for the duration of games."

"Qualifications: The successful candidates will be professional and reliable, live within 1 hour of their local stadium and be available to cover all home matches.* This position is only available to those who are currently based in Thailand!

* Complete knowledge of the rules of soccer required.

* High standard of spoken English essential."

Currently advertised on "jobsabroad"

Be careful with jobs like these,one disallowed goal and one too hasty telephone call back to the live score centre and whoops!! a lot of money involved in the asian markets.

Anyone know the colours the 2 teams play in? I'd hate to be in the wrong coloured shirt in the wrong end!! :):D

And Millwall Fan how come Palace v Brighton has such a rivalry?

I was confused at that one as well. Being a Wimbledon FC boy we always had a rivalry with the dirty Palace, but now we're 3 divisions below it maybe some time before that fire gets ignited again...

Anyone know the colours the 2 teams play in? I'd hate to be in the wrong coloured shirt in the wrong end!! :):D

And Millwall Fan how come Palace v Brighton has such a rivalry?

Ive never been before but I seem to think that Chiang Mai play in pink, I can remember seeing the teams website and it looked liked there home kit was pink.

No just checked again with the website and it now looks like they play in blue. Chiang Mai F.C Website

Thanks for the info thaimiller, looks like Chiang Rai play in all Orange and are reigning champions! Although for some reason they didn't get promoted!! :)

Come on the Lanna Tigers........who are yer, who are yer etc etc

I think i'm getting into this a little bit too much :D

I didn't know why Paace and Brighton had such an intense rivallry other than theres no other team in between Croydon & Brighton, but this from Wikipedia sheds some light on the matter:

Brighton Rivalry

Palace and Brighton are over 40 miles apart and their rivalry did not develop until Palace's relegation to the Third Division in 1974. The clubs had two of the division's biggest followings, communications between Croydon and Brighton were good and many fans were keen to travel to an away fixture. The rivalry reached a climax when the two teams were drawn together in the First Round of the FA Cup in 1976. The first game took place on November 20 at the Goldstone Ground, and Rachid Harkouk came off the bench to score a stunning equaliser and take the match to a replay after a 2-2 draw. Back at Selhurst Park the replay ended up 1-1, with Rachid Harkouk scoring the goal. This meant a second replay being held at Stamford Bridge. The second and final replay ended 1-0 to Palace, with Phil Holder grabbing the only goal but only after a disputed Brian Horton penalty miss. Horton had scored with his first attempt, but the referee ordered the kick to be retaken, which he missed. Brighton supporters and Brighton manager Alan Mullery were understandably outraged, with Palace fans not surprisingly jubilant. Alan Mullery disparaged Palace fans, an act that would never be forgotten by fans of that time, and made his appointment as manager a few years later all the more surprising. However, the two did not play in a league encounter between 1988 and 2002, leading to a lull in the rivalry, and Palace fans turning their attentions to neighbours Millwall during the 1990s. However, the return of Brighton to the second tier saw the Brighton lose to Palace 5-0 in a memorable game with club idol Andy Johnson scoring a hat-trick. Honours were retained 1 year later however when Paul McShane of Brighton scored a header to secure a win against the Eagles at home.

No just checked again with the website and it now looks like they play in blue. Chiang Mai F.C Website

Thanks for the info thaimiller, looks like Chiang Rai play in all Orange and are reigning champions! Although for some reason they didn't get promoted!! :)

Come on the Lanna Tigers........who are yer, who are yer etc etc

I think i'm getting into this a little bit too much :D

Chiang Rai Utd got promoted to the 1st division for this season and Chiang Rai FC are a new team in the 2nd division North this season.

Theres a couple of threads on the Chiang Rai forum about the various teams that is interesting :D .

A good result for Chiang Mai 1-0 but they left it until the 91st minute to score the winner. A great evening out for the admission fee of 30thb. I will be a regular home supporter now I think. I was very surprised at the size of the support, i would estimate around 1000 people in the stands. :)

A good result for Chiang Mai 1-0 but they left it until the 91st minute to score the winner. A great evening out for the admission fee of 30thb. I will be a regular home supporter now I think. I was very surprised at the size of the support, i would estimate around 1000 people in the stands. :)

Ditto that Mr Miller, thoroughy enjoyable evening though i must admit i left 15 mins before the end to get home for the Spurs game so pleased to hear that they won.

Nice to see the large crowd and a fair amount of woman too (not that i really noticed) :D .

Put me down to be a regular too.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a farang section in the stadium :D what do you think ?.

Edited by alfieconn

Ditto that Mr Miller, thoroughy enjoyable evening though i must admit i left 15 mins before the end to get home for the Spurs game so pleased to hear that they won.

Nice to see the large crowd and a fair amount of woman too (not that i really noticed) :D .

Put me down to be a regular too.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a farang section in the stadium :D what do you think ?.

I agree, thoroughly deserved win for CM, and a sizeable crowd, with a great atmosphere, those guys with the drums and the massive flag had certainly had their sugar intake! :D

I will certainly be going regularly too.

Farang Ultras??!! :D

I agree, thoroughly deserved win for CM, and a sizeable crowd, with a great atmosphere, those guys with the drums and the massive flag had certainly had their sugar intake! :D

I will certainly be going regularly too.

Farang Ultras??!! :D

Good to hear! I hope you will enjoy local football as much as we do here in Chiang Rai!

Chiangrai United FC (now starting in the First Division) attracted every home game towards the end of the

last league about 35 foreigners. But you hardly noticed them among an average of 7000 (...!) Thai visitors.

Great atmosphere!

This week Chiangrai United plays some training matches against Police United, BEC Tero Sasana and Osotspa

Saraburi, all Premier League clubs.

You are very lucky to have two good friends in your team who know each other from the time that they played

in the national team together, coach Pon and goaly Pansa Meesatam (24 caps). Pansa is a playing assistant coach

and rules the defence with iron fist. They were on Chiangrai United's payroll last year.

Chiangrai FC must have played well when they almost kept the nill.

It's a pity that the deal with Ratana Bundit didn't work out (to get Chang Chiangmai RBAC going), otherwise

you also would have had a First Division team this year. But with Pon and Pansa you have a great chance to

join next year!

Aside from Chiangrai United (first division) and the Chiang Rai FC (second division) we also have

an all-hilltribe club (under the umbrella of the Chao Phya Abhai Raja Siammanalukij Foundation, named after the

Belgian Thai prince that played such an important if not decisive role in keeping Siam out of the hands of the French).

It is Chiang Rai Hills FC based in Maechan.

Chiang Mai FC susu, susu, susu!

For information about the Chiang Rai football situation of last year please have a look at:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Football-Chi...25#entry3378373

Limbo :)

PS: the manager of Chiangrai United is a fan of Dutch football, which is the reason that he choose for orange.

And a pic of the Chiang Mai supporters when they came to CR with their team for the match against Chiangrai

United FC in August last year.

post-6305-1267436495_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1267437271_thumb.jpg

Is the elephant replaced by the tiger? After all the talk about Rattana Bundit moving from Bangkok to Chiang Mai

to create the new Chang Chiang Mai club I don't know anymore what happened in Chiang Mai.

The tigers (prajak?) existed before, didnt they?

Edited by Limbo

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-1267760511_thumb.jpg

To the supporters of the 'Payuk' (tigers) Chiang Mai

If you don't have transport and want to join the Thai fans Saturday 6 March you

can take the supporters bus that leaves from the Sanam Kila Tessaban at 14.00.

The game starts at 17.00 at the Municipal Stadium of Lampang.

Last week the Payuk won thinly of the Scorpions and Lampang came back home

empty handed from Pit'lok.

Lampang has only 4 points out of 3 games and Chiang Mai, after the same number of

games leads the league with 9.

Lampang is certainly not in the position to play defensive so it could turn out to be

a very attractive game.

Limbo :)

Chiang Mai might very well become champion. Pansa Meesatam, the goalkeeper,

will probably play a decisive role in this. He is the man standing at the right.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-1267760534_thumb.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . Support your local football club!

Is the elephant replaced by the tiger? After all the talk about Rattana Bundit moving from Bangkok to Chiang Mai

to create the new Chang Chiang Mai club I don't know anymore what happened in Chiang Mai.

The tigers (prajak?) existed before, didnt they?

Hi Limbo,

Thanks for that, as it was my first game i was a bit confused as the badge on the shirt is a tiger and then there was a huge flag on the opposite stand with an elephant on it. I wasn't sure who they were supporting as i could only make out a bit of their singing and Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai sound pretty similar, until they scored and then it all became clear!! :)

Sorry but i have no previous knowledge on the football team here so cannot answer your other questions!