Best Thai Food Ever - In My Ten Trips To Thailand - Mukdahan

eng911

I have been to Mukdahan many times. It's the home town of my wife of eleven years and we go to see the family fairly regularly. We have just returned from our latest trip and I just had to write and tell you about a restaurant we visited. In all my trips this is the best food I have ever had. My wife also agreed that it was excellent. The restaurant is a sight to see built in old Thai style with tons of carved wood, stained to a beautiful finish.

We visited this restaurant twice and only wish we could have found it sooner. I would have been happy to visit every day. The prices are very low and the food is just fantastic.

The only problem is I don't know the name or location. I am sure someone here will know when they see the pictures exactly where it is located.

Can anyone identify it so we can share this great food with other visitors to Mukdahan?

Did I mention it was the best Thai food I ever ate?

I have attached two pictures.

Tony S.

Toronto, Canada

post-15633-1267298002_thumb.jpg

post-15633-1267298022_thumb.jpg

I have been scratching my head for quite some time in order to answer your question but I just can't remember having seen it, let alone having eaten there.

And it looks pretty big, I should remember it if I ever saw it.

Anyway, I'll find out and will give you the answer. :)

The place is just off highway 212-on the left-hand side around 1km before you reach Mukdahan and the main traffic lights.

And your quite right the food-especially the fish is very good.

The Restaurant is caller NARIN, Formally NARIN Fishing park. The Owner, Narin by name, built his new TRADITIONAL THAI House next to the old Fishing Park Restaurant and incorporated the new Restaurant under the house and out onto the courtyard and incorporates a Stage with Entertainment. Both Narin and his wife are Excellent Hosts although they don't speak any English and have had this restaurant for more than 10 years. AS the Proprietor of the BEST WESTERN food restaurant in MUKDAHAN, THE WATERFRONT or SONG FUNG KHONG in Thai, Situated on the Bank of the River at the Southern End of Mukdahan City I Highly Endorse NARIN as the BEST THAI Mekong River - Seafood Restaurant here and it is very competitevly priced. So if you Visit Mukdahan You now have the 2 best places to DINE. To see more on THE WATERFFONT RESTAURANT look on this Forum at NEW Restaurant in Mukdahan for Foreigners, OK.

The locals must have shortened the name then DJH77 as the Laos sign in that photo says "Heuan Narinthone" which means Narinthone house. Place sounds good and will check it out next time I am up (after having Lamb chops at your place first!)

Highway 212 you say. But please tell me if it is north or south of Mukdahan?

It's about 500 meters down on the right side if your driving to UBON from the traffic lights intersection so i guess that would be south-west.

Thanks for digging up the name and the location. I just can't say enough about this place. I'm back in Canada now and it's dam_n cold here. While my wife is a great cook, hence the drastic increase in my girth since marraige, even she said this was the best food she had on the trip. I'm back to my night shifts at work and I work outside in the cold. Some nights it -15 to -25 degrees celcius. What I wouldn't give to be able to just drive over to warm weather and great food. I miss Thailand already.

Those 24 hour airplane flights are brutal though. I mean they just wear you down to the bone.

Tony