Upside Down Display

kennkate

Can anyone help me out My stepdaughter came to me with the display upside down on her IBM Thinkpad T43

I have shut it down and restarted it but the problem is still there. Sorry but I am old and haven't got a clue.

Is it something she has done or is it a major problem with the Laptop. Appreciate any help here from you PC Folks.

It is simply that she most likely set the screen orientation in the graphic card settings (or someone played prank on her).

You didn't list the operating system nor the graphics card manufacturer so I share 2 general ways to correct your screen orientation.

WinXP

Right click on the desktop and choose "Properties", then click the last tab "Settings". Click the button "Advanced" and a new window should pop up. There you should have several tabs. Select the one (depends on the graphics card manufacturer) where it shows rotation, orientation, advanced options or similar. Just set it to Landscape and click apply.

Win Vista and Win7.

Right click on your desktop and choose "Screen resolution". Here you will see "Orientation". Set it to Landscape and Apply.

Well don that for Win XP The window only gives me the choice to Change DPI Setting

Window open is On Screen Display Intel ® graphics Media Accelerator driver for Mobile

Windows Available are General. Adapter. Monitor. Troubleshoot. Color management.

Nothing that I can see to change Orientation. Could someone do this if she was on the Internet ?/ she has been looking at Thai Web sites.